Sjoberg - Goldberg

Picked up a used Sjoberg bench on the cheap ($75.00), but moving it in the shop was a pain in the back. I needed retractable wheels. Rube Goldberg and I put our heads together and here's the result:

wierd, but the push-pull levers on each end make it easy to get up on its casters. The other advantage is that the casters raise it only about 1/2", so it nests neatly under my fixed bench when the shop turns into a garage.

BTW, I've planed the top and refinished it with wiping varnish. A poster in this group said it was easy with a #7 Stanley and a sharp iron. He lied. It looks rough but it isn't, it just ain't purty. When I picked the bench up it had all kinds of paint/glue/epoxy/yuck on it.

Obviously the yuck needs to be replaced.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes

Shoot, nice deal and congrats! Do you like ... "suck" ... ?

Reply to
AAvK

Gosh, is that the whooshing sound I've been hearing?

Actually, wasn't meant as a gloat (or maybe just a tiny one), but the lifting mechanism is kinda neat at a cost of about $3 for the bolts - the oak bits came from scrap. Massive over-engineering seems to run rampant in this group, so I tried to emulate my betters.

:~)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Banes