Sjoberg - Goldberg

Picked up a used Sjoberg bench on the cheap ($75.00), but moving it in the shop was a pain in the back. I needed retractable wheels. Rube Goldberg and I put our heads together and here's the result:
http://web2.airmail.net/xleanone/index.html/Bench /
Looks wierd, but the push-pull levers on each end make it easy to get up on its casters. The other advantage is that the casters raise it only about 1/2", so it nests neatly under my fixed bench when the shop turns into a garage.
BTW, I've planed the top and refinished it with wiping varnish. A poster in this group said it was easy with a #7 Stanley and a sharp iron. He lied. It looks rough but it isn't, it just ain't purty. When I picked the bench up it had all kinds of paint/glue/epoxy/yuck on it.
Obviously the yuck needs to be replaced.
Regards.
Shoot, nice deal and congrats! Do you like ... "suck" ... ?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com