Sizing and Laquer Question

I'm building a martin house from a plan. It called for a 1/2 x 2 eye bolt and a 5/16 x 1 eye bolt. Easy enough... I found the first one which was marked: 1/4-20 x 2. I take it the 20 is a thread count.
I couldn't find the second but another package was marked as 10-24 x 1-1/2. What does the 10-24 mean? I count about 13 threads.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to finish my project with lacquer. Lowes has about a hundred versions of Polyurethane and variations on that. It has plenty of oils, shellac, and mineral spirits, and paints of course. But it had one can of spray on lacquer. This seems odd to me. I'll go to Woodcraft tomorrow if I get a chance but I'm wondering why Lowes wouldn't have more lacquer products. Any ideas?
Richard A.
The # 10 is a standard machine screw size, 24 threads per inch. You counted 13 threads because you only had a 1/2" length of threads. Try a box store that has a Krylon display. That brand has been a good source of quality acrylic lacquers for years. HTH
Joe
Use Deft lacquer. Comes in both spray and brush-on, and in satin, semi-gloss and gloss. I believe that I've seen it at HD and Lowes, I know that I've seen it at Woodcraft and Rockler. I buy it at Fred Meyer, which has a better price than all the above.
Richard A. wrote:

If this is supposed to be used outside I don't think laquer is the correct finish.

Jim Behning wrote:

paints/stains they suggested for the safety of the bats and longevity of the house: water soluable stain for the inside of the bat house, outdoor latex primer for the outside - outside acrylic paint for final coats.
I've found that without some kind (and I'll use the outdoor latex primer from now on) of an outdoor primer that the wood doesn't hold up to outdoor use. Paint just peels off, flakes off, jumps off.
Josie

Sounds like a job for cedar, no?
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:28:06 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles

Bats would probably be happier.
--RC
snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com wrote:

is an indoor project so I should be safe for lacquer. Building a bat house is something I've been wanting to do, so I love hearing the information.
RA