Siphon-feed spray gun won't siphon

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 20:16:23 +0000, Spalted Walt

Would say that all of them, but more correctly all the usenet groups would probably be accurate too.
But then I am a dinosaur using a usenet reader via Gianews.
Just like to complain to Google get off my lawn, ya know.

Um, here's a hint: Basshammer's post came from Google Groups. For the reason I already explained, the References header in that post is incorrect. Basically, it's GIGO.
You can go read the RFC if you want to know how it's all intended to work. It's not really a relevant subject here.
John

Here's a FACT: It matters NOT where "Basshammer's post came from". Dr Deb's and Sonny's posts also "came from Google Groups" as well. WTF is your point? Stop hating.

You haven't explained shit because you're clearly clueless. Basshammer's reply was to nailshooter, who was the last person to post to this thread, until today.

Why the hate for Dr Deb, Sonny, and the others here that use Google groups?

I've been kicking around the Usenet since '94. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.
Dr. Deb wrote:

The OP states that the vent is open. I'd be more suspicious of a blocked pickup tube. His test of turning it upside down is not really a very good test for this condition. I'd take the pickup tube right off, and run a cleaning brush through it with solvents. At the same time, inspect the head of the gun where the tube attaches. It only takes a little bit of clog to mess these things up.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On 9/23/16 8:51 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Yep, siphon guns usually work with a venturi at the top of the pickup tube. If anything from this point forward is gunked up, the air will start to bypass the spray head and turn down the pickup.
-BR
Brewster wrote:

Yup - these issues almost always turn out to be cleaning issues, or tightening down the packing (though probably not in this case), and more rarely, a rebuild kit. Cleaning - that's the number one issue and the first thing to go for.