Since we're talking about paint ...........

Is that new stuff they have that will paint plastic any good? I have a picnic table and some chairs that could use a facelift. The plastic surface is rough, having lost that new sheen finish.
Is this stuff worth it, or am I just prolonging the obvious, it's old and ready to move on?
Steve

Seems to work well enough. I have some about two years now and still looks decent.
"Steve B" wrote:

---------------------------- It all depends on how well you prepare the surface.
Lew

Yup, cleaned and degreased is a good start.

That's all well and good, but will the yellow cover a rifle stock with only one coat?
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:16:55 -0700, "Steve B"

Have painted several pieces of plastic furniture, one good year is very likely. Stuff works well, as in any painting though it is all about the prep work.
Mark
Steve B wrote the following:

I painted two old green plastic adirondack chairs with the Rustoleum version of plastic paint two years ago. The are still green with no flaking anywhere even though they are left outside all year long . The only preparation was to clean them first with patio furniture cleaner.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Well, my mind is made up. Personally, I thought the answers would be about 50/50 but it seems most everyone who has used it is happy.
Thanks, all.
Steve
Steve B wrote the following:

Steve, Krylon, Rustoleum, and American Tradition (by Valspar) make plastic paint. They also make a plastic primer paint. With the plastic primed, you can use any spray paint, any color, any brand, over it. The regular spray paint has a larger variety of colors.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY