Since we're talking about paint ...........

Is that new stuff they have that will paint plastic any good? I have a picnic table and some chairs that could use a facelift. The plastic surface is rough, having lost that new sheen finish.

Is this stuff worth it, or am I just prolonging the obvious, it's old and ready to move on?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Seems to work well enough. I have some about two years now and still looks decent.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

---------------------------- It all depends on how well you prepare the surface.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yup, cleaned and degreased is a good start.

Reply to
Robatoy

Have painted several pieces of plastic furniture, one good year is very likely. Stuff works well, as in any painting though it is all about the prep work.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

That's all well and good, but will the yellow cover a rifle stock with only one coat?

Reply to
Roy

Steve B wrote the following:

I painted two old green plastic adirondack chairs with the Rustoleum version of plastic paint two years ago. The are still green with no flaking anywhere even though they are left outside all year long . The only preparation was to clean them first with patio furniture cleaner.

Reply to
willshak

Well, my mind is made up. Personally, I thought the answers would be about

50/50 but it seems most everyone who has used it is happy.

Thanks, all.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

willshak wrote the following:

Steve, Krylon, Rustoleum, and American Tradition (by Valspar) make plastic paint. They also make a plastic primer paint. With the plastic primed, you can use any spray paint, any color, any brand, over it. The regular spray paint has a larger variety of colors.

Reply to
willshak