Simple wood-chisel question.

Page 1 of 2
What is the correct response when you find that your wife has been using a 1/4" wood chisel to pry open paint cans?
Bonus question: She asked me why the tip had the little plastic cover.

You are talking about your ex-wife...right?

To answer the question I need more information:
How did she get the key to the shop? Was the plastic tip lost? Did the chisel end up with paint on it? Was the chisel put back in the proper spot?
Thu, Jan 3, 2008, 6:29am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (RayV) doth sayeth: To answer the question I need more information: How did she get the key to the shop? Was the plastic tip lost? Did the chisel end up with paint on it? Was the chisel put back in the proper spot?
Add to that list: What color was the paint? What does she look like?
JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night.

I don't really do a lot of woodworking. Thus I have no "shop". The chisel was in the toolbox. I had bought it to trim a 2x4 in order to install an electrical receptacle.
I am thinking of taking up woodworking when I retire. Do you really need a shop, of just a corner in the basement?

No. I used a dremel to put a straight edge back onto the chisel, warned my wife about sharp it was, and introduced her to the special paint can opener tool, also in the tool box.

No. She was using a proper paint stick to stir the paint.

No, I caught her blue-handed.

WTF were you doing in my shop?
Mike wrote:

Simple Green removes blood from chisels as well as pitch from saw blades.

Personally, I scream into a pillow.

Before you do anything, you are going to need to talk to a lawyer. Maybe he can keep you out of prison.
On the other hand, you could just go and wash engine parts in her best cooking pot. But tell her to contact a lawyer first. Maybe he can keep her out of prison.

You buy her a couple paint can openers and store them openly.
Hmmm... depends whether she knew better or not..

I believe the response is here:
http://www.medlawplus.com/bidinfo/divorcelawyers.htm
;-) Glen
--
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes
and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's
Glen wrote:

Or http://www.heartwoodwhips.com/gallery.htm

--John

Which one of them is supposed to use this?? :-)
Wayne

Does it really matter?

Show here the proper tool. Buy a paint can opener. Lowes gives these away, free. Screwdrivers or chisels can damage the rim seal. If she still doesn't get it, lock up your chisels.

Hand her a lie-nielson catalog and advise her that no special occasion for a purchase is necessary. In fact, next tuesday would be special enough.
jc
Joe wrote:

Wayne

I'd consider it karma that has come knocking a little early. I was a bit of a rascal when it came to horsing around with my dad's tools, and my son's too young yet to be getting into that kind of trouble. I'm planning on putting a deadbolt or two and an alarm system on the workshop when he's old enough to get into trouble.
That said, if it was irreparably damaged, I'd go to Lowes and spend $7 on another one. :-)
-Nathan
Mike wrote:

I think the correct response would be, "That's a nice "paint can opener" you now own." Followed by the question, "Where's your checkbook?"
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA