Simple Help Needed - Delta Drill Press Question

If you have a Delta brand drill press, could you check to see if it is a model 17-965 or 17-965C? I need some measurements of the quill, etc and they have to be taken by someone who knows how to use a caliper or micrometer well enough to get me relatively good numbers...

I'll owe you a coffee, beverage of choice or small discount on your AutoDrill order in the future.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

Joe AutoDrill

The 2004 Delta catalog shows that the quill diameter is 1 3/4 inches or

44mm. Jim
Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the tip. It is appreciated. Unfortunately, that page is innacurate. That's the measurement of the quill that they spec it at but not the measurement where I necessarily clamp onto. There might be a "step" for a depth guage, etc. We have the catalog here and mark 'em up real good once we get the measurements the first time around, but I've never had my hands on this model. Someone else suggested going to a dealer... It would be like asking your automobile dealer's parts counter and asking them what the side wall diameter of an internal gear for your transmission is. They know what the gear is (if you're lucky!), but unless they had access to the original CAD drawing to make the gear, they don't have that info.

The measurment I need is going to be accurate to +/- .001" or so too. :)

Bottom line is that I need a "hands on" measurement."

My customer gets theirs in 2-3 weeks so I can always wait... But I'd rather start my 3-4 week manufacturing process today rather than wait till then.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

My 17-965 has a quill diameter of 1.851" to 1.853" right above where the depth gage clamps on.

-- Tom

Reply to
TOM

Thank you. That is one of the dimensions I need... Any chance you can measuer the area the depth guage clamps onto? I'd love to eMail you a PDF file showing you what I need IF you are willing? I'll owe you big time!!!