Simple daybed?

I am a newbie woodworker. I have someone I work with that is looking for a simple cheap daybed. Wants it painted white.

I have never had a daybed. DO these need to be made in "sections" so they fit throught the door? What is the best pay to assemble those sections? Can any of you guys direct me to a picture of one that could be simple to make?

I appreciate any help. I kind of feel bad because this person does not have alot of money and I thought it would be a neat project. I have done several but never a day bed. I thought maybe a mission style with slats but I think she is open to anything.

Reply to
stryped

Good for you for helping someone out. Check this out for a free plan, and if you look carefully, you will see there is a nice .pdf file to view the assembly steps.

beds can be VERY easy to construct from a few 2X4s and a couple of

2X6s, available from your local big box lumber yard.

Try a Google search for "daybed plans" or "free daybed plans".

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41