Simple Chair

http://www.norskwoodworks.com/forsale/Kubb-front.jpg
http://www.norskwoodworks.com/forsale/Kubb-back.jpg
This is for you guys worrying about making a chair, with stringers, and what all. What could be simpler then using just one piece of wood, right? Right.
Makes me wish I had room to store a fiew pieces to let 'em dry. Just down the road a few days back someone had some large pines taken down, and the wood apparently hauled off to the trash. What a waste, nice wood.
Or, you could always glue a batch of 2X4 chunks together, then make one from that.
J T wrote:

Well, they do sell blanks, if you can't wait for the next large tree:-) http://www.norskwoodworks.com/kubbesto.shtml Joe
Tue, Oct 10, 2006, 7:02am snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu (JoeGorman) doth posteth: Well, they do sell blanks, if you can't wait for the next large tree:-) http://www.norskwoodworks.com/kubbesto.shtml Joe
Yeah, but where would the fun be in that? It'd be better to glue up a batch of 4X4s, make a big lathe, and turn your own blanks. Or, better yet, say to Hell with a lathe, and whip out the old precision chainsaw.