signing your work

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:22:55 -0500, the infamous Tom Watson

Missing O'Deen there, are ya, Tawmy? Y'mean to tell me that nobody has been using that term for the past several years? It's the very best description of that craft crap that I've ever heard.
P.S: It's two words, PUKEY DUCKS. You'll need to know that for your advertising.
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Turner wrote:

Hmm - not wanting to accrue bad karma, I suppose I should ask where /I/ stand with my solar panels, since I cut those parts which require precision with a CNC router (about 10% of the total), and produce the remainder and do all of the assembly with my own shaky hands.
Should I be warning people that it's 90% hand crafted? :-T
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I was given a branding iron, but after using it a few times, decided to go back to my old handwritten version. Typically, I'd print out: Nonny Nonnymus Raleigh, NC Christmas 1991
The branding iron didn't let me insert a date and I also felt that since I had made the gift or item, that the handwritten note was more personal. If the item had been intended for commercial distribution, which nothing was, then the more professional brand would be my choice as well.
--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by

We are in the process of rehabbing a rental property, and when the original bathroom medicine cabinet was pulled today, behind it, written in pencil, was a workman's autograph, the finish date, April '59, his local address, and that he was responsible for installing the plumbing, electrical and all fixtures. 50-plus years ago. It is nice to find these mementos. Tom
13g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

I'd love to find something like that. He didn't skimp out on workmanship did he? It might be worth sending him a note (if you think the address is still good) and letting him know what you found. :-)
We had to learn how to grout last night because the kitchen installers tiled (and adhered) but didn't grout under the kitchen island. They saved themselves maybe 20 minutes and NOTHING on material.
Puckdropper
--
Signing my post.

On Nov 8, 7:13 pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

The fifty year-old work is mostly still going strong. We have had to replace some of the buried galvanized water pipes in the last few years, one just last weekend. I wish pipes would break during the week. Check that. I wish pipes wouldn't break! Tom