signing your work

blink

blink...blink

...sigh...

Reply to
Tom Watson

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:29:39 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

Splendid! Truth in advertising for most of us.

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:42:30 -0800, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

Nix the "Christmas" part. It'll reduce sales and resales by limiting it to people who are of (and still like) that particular religion. November or December would be neutral, but most folks just use the year of manufacture.

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:22:55 -0500, the infamous Tom Watson scrawled the following:

Missing O'Deen there, are ya, Tawmy? Y'mean to tell me that nobody has been using that term for the past several years? It's the very best description of that craft crap that I've ever heard.

P.S: It's two words, PUKEY DUCKS. You'll need to know that for your advertising.

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We are in the process of rehabbing a rental property, and when the original bathroom medicine cabinet was pulled today, behind it, written in pencil, was a workman's autograph, the finish date, April '59, his local address, and that he was responsible for installing the plumbing, electrical and all fixtures. 50-plus years ago. It is nice to find these mementos. Tom

Reply to
tom

tom wrote in news:0346d84e-effc-4888-86fa-d0962f4f62c2@

13g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

I'd love to find something like that. He didn't skimp out on workmanship did he? It might be worth sending him a note (if you think the address is still good) and letting him know what you found. :-)

We had to learn how to grout last night because the kitchen installers tiled (and adhered) but didn't grout under the kitchen island. They saved themselves maybe 20 minutes and NOTHING on material.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

The fifty year-old work is mostly still going strong. We have had to replace some of the buried galvanized water pipes in the last few years, one just last weekend. I wish pipes would break during the week. Check that. I wish pipes wouldn't break! Tom

Reply to
tom