Sick of woodworking??

Page 4 of 4
Put a TV and refrigerator in the wookshop. And a relaxing chair.
Invite peolpe over. Have a sharpening party.
That's my 2 cents.

On 24 Sep 2004 10:01:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote:

Unbelievably good advice.
Relax, it's fun... <G>
Barry

That is where my wife usually finds my when I tell her I am ging to work in the shop for a while. Feet up, dinking a beer, watching the tube! Greg
On 24 Sep 2004 10:01:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote:
works for me... I have both, and the neighbors usually come by on Monday nights with their lawn chairs and beer coolers to watch Monday Night Talking Nonsense.. umm.. I mean foot ball..

Mac

I went through this phase once. My cure is to only do projects from late October through Mayish. I hardly even visit my shop during the summer unless it's for something I'm building outside. I usually start off in October building something for the shop to get in the groove so to speak. Something simple. By May, I'm ready to call it quits. But in October, I'm sooo ready to start a project again. Works for me! SH
I have been a medieval re-enactor for over twenty years. I actually got into woodworking through re-enactment. The lesson I learned in being deeply involved in any hobby was that if I'm not having fun doing this, do something different.
I used to be a medieval archer. Then it got to be work. So I pulled back from that part of it, and threw myself into woodworking. I still have my armor and my bow, and I shoot every now and then, and it's fun again.
My advice would be for you to do something different. You look like you've been doing cabinetry. Build a boat. Turn a bowl. Tiller a bow.
Take a different path. Not only will your enthusiasm for the craft return, but you will be able to return to cabinetry in time with a renewed sense of purpose.
Bill

I find that the desire of woodworking increases proportionally with my SWMBO desire to be a @%^&#. So I do go through phase where I'll leave it for a while, but she never fails to snap me right back into it after a while. I think that it why I prefer power tools to hand tools. The level of noise they produce drowns out the nagging and etc....

So I do go through

LOL! I feel sorry for you! My missus really does not give me any crap about anything, no nagging at all. At least when I am not in the shop I have more time to spend with her! Gre
Woodworking projects don't have to produce useful and practical (and boring)household items. Think wooden toys, sculptures, a little sliding-lid box for your block plane, etc. Spend a year not making anything too big to pick up with one hand. Use your power tools to make whittling and carving blanks. Have a private two-by-four contest (what can you design and make from a single 2x4?).

Right now that all sounds like work! Greg
On 24 Sep 2004 14:16:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@control-tech.com (Charles Erskine) wrote:

a scrap between centers on the lathe and just make shavings... great therapy and kind of fun..
"what are you making, dad?"
"A mess, why do you ask?"
works for me... *bg*
Mac

Precisely why my shop has XM radio. <G>
I can pop a microbrew and do utterly silly things, like walk in circles with the radio on, all by myself.
It fits the bill so well I'm changing a bedroom into a studio for my wife, so SHE has her own place to do the same thing.
Barry