Sick

Page 2 of 2

Just put it on my "to do" list. I do want to get out that way and this just adds to the reasons to go.
On 5/10/2012 3:52 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

I thought about that, BUT ........... On the Cavalier there is a 3 X 4 channel that runs across the front of the car that connects the right wheel frame to the left. So while the car was hit at the front fender this channel was ripped from the front of the car.
If it had been sheet metal and plastic, I may have considered that option. Having that channel ripped from the front, brought into question motor mounts, basic alignment, etc.
On 5/10/2012 10:59 AM, knuttle wrote:

The 4.3L V6 that GM produces won't get 18-19 MPG even if it's downhill all the way.
Just my personal experience.

Somebody else is getting better mileage on a PT with the pedal to the metal than in easy cruising!!! Everbody said I was crazy when I reported 35+ MPG on 2 tanks chasing the tail off the thing through the hills of new brunswick and maine/vermont while getting less than 20 at the speed limit coasting out the 401 from Toronto to Montreal.
On 5/11/2012 8:45 PM, Max wrote:

The gas mileage depends on the rear end ratio. I believe the same transmission is in all of the Astro/GMC Safari Vans with the same gear ratios. The standard Rear axle ratio, was 3.42 but there was an optional 3.73 ratio. Makes a difference in gas mileage.
On 5/11/2012 8:30 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Did I ever tell you about the 14.5 lb. brook trout I caught?
On 5/11/2012 10:59 PM, Max wrote:

e.
Glad to hear about it ;-)
On Mon, 07 May 2012 21:54:19 -0400, Keith Nuttle

I rented a Kia Elantra a few years ago and it got 33mpg at 100mph, during my trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. They're built in the USA, in downtown Bama. I was impressed with the car. http://tinyurl.com/7ed2ed7
-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca
On Mon, 07 May 2012 21:06:47 -0700, Larry Jaques

Oops. I misspelled "Hyundai" there, didn't I? <sigh>
-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca

Hyundai certainly woke up to the challenge to build a car which could compete with Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. They're now almost up to the Subaru quality standard. The new Impreza gets fabulous mileage. 36 MPG (US) and starts at $17,500 in the US. Very safe, very high trade-in value, very reliable. AWD. For 20 grand? Nothing to talk about.
On Tue, 8 May 2012 10:01:34 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Not many years ago I used to laugh at people buying Hyundai. Remember the early ones? Easily spotted with the lack of paint on the roof and hood from the sun exposure. Then they got better
I'm on my second Sonata and thinking about a third if the right deal comes along. Both have been perfect with no warranty issues. You won't find a body seam that is not perfect and the metallic paint glistens in the sun. Built right here in the USA too.