Shuffleboard Table finished

It took longer than I expected, but I finally finish my shuffleboard table. (Pictures are posted at ABPW.)

It is 14' overall with a 12'6" playing surface. The table is made from Maple and Walnut, both solid and veneer. I used Hackberry for the frame.

The main challenge was designing a frame and playing surface that I could get it into the basement, but maintain rigidity after it is assembled. The purchased plans were designed for the frame and playing surface to be complete sections. However, this would have resulted in the frame being too big and the playing surface being too long and heavy to fit them through the windows or down the stairs.

I finally decided to build it as two equal sections with a joint in the middle of the frame and the playing surface. So far; so good. The climatic adjusters are maintaining a level surface, and the frame and surface joints have not experienced any noticeable uneven movement.

I used sliding dovetail joints to join the frames cross members and pocket holes to join the side rails and ends to the frame.

Overall, I am pleased with the outcome, and the wife is happy too, as we can get our vehicles back in the garage for winter. Hopefully, the winter projects will be a smaller scale. :)

Randy

Reply to
Randy A

Very nice. Well done.