Shrinkwrap agreements for woodworking tools

Looks like we are on the verge of a brave new world in woodworking tooling. <http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/section/UnFairUse If this becomes a trend, all those gloats about getting that Unisaw in the future will be replaced by a guilty-faced backwards glance hoping that Delta doesn't find out you violated your Unisaw licensing agreement by letting a close friend use your saw to build a piece of furniture for his own use.
I know the argument being used by the Stots template master is that this is a "self-replicating" template. However, if you follow some of the links on the above web page, you will also find that LexMark is making the claim that you violate their "licensing" agreement for the printer you buy from them if you don't buy their ink.
I would like to see any of those companies catch you. With software it is easy to catch this being done. But so far my TS does not plug in to the internet.. ;~)
If you start making some serious money selling something and you have their product in your shop, then it's litigation time.     grumble,     jo4hn p.s. It's all Ahnold's fault.
Leon wrote:

Like that would ever happen...
-Jack
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:00:30 GMT, "Leon"

cut modern wood with something so outmoded?
Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a
"Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."
Mark & Juanita said:

thought that was already shot down in court
--
McQualude

says...

If you follow the link I provided, it apparently was not. I believe the issue is being appealed, so it may yet [hopefully] be shot down. If it is not, this has some significant implications and sets a scary precedent.

I cancelled my post about a millisecond after sending, but not quick enough I guess. I figured I should read it before posting, oh well.
--
McQualude

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:56:49 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Exactly. Its quite different from what yer suggesting.
Have a nice week...
Trent