shrinkage?

I recently noticed that the doors on a pine bookshelf, a gift to me, bought at a certain BigBox store, do not meet.
the gap is now at least 1/3 of an inch.
Can the wood shrink that much?
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:10:11 +0000 (UTC),

Yes, they can. Probably a big gap to start with too.

there's a silver lining; I can just take the doors *off* and replace them with lucite. and hide the sides with higher screens.
On 7/19/2013 4:10 AM, Contrarian wrote:

Likely a built in over compensation to insure that the doors do not touch. If it has Euro hinges you can adjust that out pretty easily.

oh. shucks.
the gap did get bigger though

It can... Pick up a board stretcher and you should be able to get it back to size.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

thanks, sort of.