Showcase photos

I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year to ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more vendors, as well as the usual full compliment of lectures and demos. I understand that Totally Turning had a huge turnout also so I posted some turned items despite my role as a flat boarder. ;~)
Add pictures here
✖

There is some very fine work there, including yours John. Congratulations it looks like a very successful show. I am dead impressed.
Tim W
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks!
I know all the entries were photographed but it is not clear to me whether they are putting all of them on the web... if they do I'll post the URL!

Add pictures here
✖

Please do! Wahr I saw looked great!
--
Best regards
Han

It was a good show. Here are a few more pictures for the collection. Some dupes - seems we like the same sort of thing. http://imgur.com/a/pCEqS/all
✖

In my case I liked a LOT of the stuff! ;~)
I see you had Giles Gilson's "self cleaning coffee table" in your collection... His shop is near my office and I spent an interesting afternoon there one time... There is a lot of neat stuff on his web site that you might enjoy.
http://www.gilesgilson.com/index.html
Giles is a friend of Steve Sherman's http://www.shermanwoodturning.com/Steves_First_Site/HOME.html and Steve introduced us about 4-5 years ago at a "mixed media" workshop. Steve developed the Nano Revolution turning tools, e.g.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PHDBLi-tA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T1y7C5j0Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtlqBhmD1M

I think Steve runs his lathes at about 20,000 rpms... those videos are NOT in fast motion.... he is fearless! LOL
John
Add pictures here
✖