Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4 length wise

Page 2 of 2
Jim wrote: ...

You'd be missing out on a very useful tool, then, if you had it and didn't use it. Ripping is actually one of the easier operations.

Yeah, but... 2x4 lumber is a nest of loose knots, gnarly grain, and pinch/catch/throw opportunities.
A radial arm saw, on a crosscut, applies force on the board downward and toward the fence. Safe, stable, easy cut.
When ripping, a table saw with a good splitter or 'riving knife' is less scary.
Even so, last time I wanted to rip a tubafer, it went through my band saw. That saw hasn't got what it takes to throw sticks at me.
whit3rd wrote: ...

We'll have to disagree on that, then. I find it no problem; in fact, as noted, it's by far my preferred choice, again owing to
1) It's 14" and tough enough for ripping virtually anything and,
2) It's in a long table that provides excellent support on both infeed and outfeed sides.
Bandsaw is for resawing but I rarely do anything of any length for that purpose so don't have the supports arranged for the operation.