Should have looked the other way

Boy, the ice in this glass of Kahlua on the rocks sure feels nice...I was up on a ladder today just below the roofline, and heard a rumbling sound. Raised my head up just in time to see my pry bar sliding down at me, and it popped me in the mouth real good.
"BUB 209" wrote in message

up on

Raised my

me
Now see there, if you'd had a splitter on your safety glasses, that wouldn't have happened.
Sorry to hear about your mouth ... but enough Kahlua will make it irrelevant, for a while.
;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

up on

Raised my

me
Ouch I was on the roof, replacing the hundred or so shingles damaged by Hurricane Charlie in Orlando last summer and SWMBO was my ground support... I heard that same rumbling sound, shouted to the boss to get away and the pry bar stuck into the ground in the area she had just fled from. The only cold one I had that evening didn't come in a glass...
Jack

OUCH!
Keep on with the ice...

Ow. Two coworkers just asked why I said "ow", and they agree. Ow.
Wow - that's a b*tch - hope your teeth are ok - all else will heal.
If the Kahlua "high" wears off, try Amaretto, Anisette, Gin, CC, Jack Daniels, Absolute and then Grain Alcohol (NO ICE & in this exact order).
Not that I have any experience with this stuff.
:-)
Seriously, get well & best wishes.
Lou

I always wanted to try Tiddys. It's some kind of Canadian scotch liqueur. But I want to get it in a pharmacy/ liquor store so I can ask for Tiddys and condoms.
Isn't "Canadian scotch" an oxymoron?

I believe the word you're looking for here is "abomination". The name of Scotch shall not be sullied by inferior drinks such as Canadian Whiskey.
Dave "Love a nice single malt..." Hinz

Maybe getting bopped in the head affected my vocabulary, a doubly embarassing mistake since my last name is Davidson, from clan Daibd. At any rate, have you ever tried "The Famous Grouse?" It was enjoyable at the Highland Games, but I don't know if it was the Scotch or the ambiance of the games.
On 25 Nov 2004 01:23:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote:

Only Scotch blend worth drinking.
I was given a bottle of B*ll's a while back. It's sitting in the kitchen now, stuffed full of blackberries. I've never tried this before, but I plan to try it an Christmas. I'm hardly going to drink B*ll's otherwise, and if I've ruined it, then it was no great loss.
Please explain a bit more, mee boyo. I have not heard of stuffing a bottle of scotch whiskey with blackberries. Is this supposed to be a delicacy? Which would be the delicacy, the scotch or the berries?
(BUB 209) wrote:

I don't really know - I just heard it on the radio, it was a good year for blackberries and I'd hate anyone to think that I actually drank B*lls.
You take berries, and pour whisky over to cover. I just dropped berries into the bottle and fed the spillage to the cat. Sugar to taste (I haven't yet) and leave for 3 months.
Supposedly you drink the whisky, but you can still eat the blackberries with ice cream. They appear to have turned a fish-like pale pink though (and the Scotch is the colour of port), so I'm not sure they'll look too good bare.
--
Smert' spamionam

I will consult with our local and see if they have, or can get it. I need to pick out a bottle of single-malt in the $80 range as a reward for, well, something that's happening in January. I'm leaning towards the Balvenie 21-year Port-wood casked, any thoughts?

But, like boiling bratwurst in beer, it's not an excuse to use bad beer. They go well in Guinness, but I'm sure it makes (some of) my ancestors weep to do so. Probably the best thing to do with something like that, aside from soaking a fruitcake in it.
Dave
Dave Hinz wrote:
I'm leaning

ANY of the Balvenies would be a good choice. Just make sure you savour it like Andy....... Sniff it for a good a long time before swallowing!!!
--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.

Er, if it's not from Scotland, it's not Scotch. _or_ scotch.

I suppose, if you don't like complicated (read: interesting) flavors. I've tried some in the 10-12 dollar pour range, and haven't been impressed. But, I'll give it another shot (heh) if you can suggest a particularly good one in that price range.
Dave "I think it's the smoky-peaty flavor I miss" Hinz

It depends. My favourite is old Macallans. I don't drink the stuff, just sniff at it.
For what I actually pour in a glass and drink, it's usually Jamesons. Sometimes I just want to drink it, not analyse it.
--
Smert' spamionam

<snip>

But I hate the rust rings Jameson's leaves on my TS...
:-)
Happy Thanksgiving to all "Wreckers".
Lou