ShopNotes #50-based saw station complete

Hey gang, If anyone would like to take a look, I have pics of my completed tablesaw station here:
http://robandkaren.webhop.org/woodshop.htm
Still to add : - removable outfeed table. - removable mount for Incra jig. - overarm blade guard w/ dust collection.
Comments or ideas welcome. Thanks!
rob snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (rob) wrote in

You need to fix your webpage if you want it to work in anything other than IE...
On your links to your images, you have, for example, "media\images \woodworking\shop\workbench.jpg"
You need to reverse all the slashes in all your image links...
from: "media\images\woodworking\shop\workbench.jpg"
to: "media/images/woodworking/shop/workbench.jpg"
IE is very forgiving, probably too forgiving of errors like this. Other broswers are not.

Looks great! I like the magnetic back you put on your tablesaw. Does it help alot with dust collection? Do you just remove it when you tilt the blade?
Frank

Yup, you have to remove it when you tilt the blade, but that's not very often for me. It does indeed help a lot with dust collection. I used to get a ton of dust out the back of the saw.

Very nice Rob. I'd say you're getting your money's worth from the subscription. Popped over to some of the other projects. Your son's crib looks fantastic! Nice job!
On 30 Jan 2004 09:08:40 -0800, rob snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (rob) wrote:
I too have a Mule's TS fence, Crapsman TS, Hitachi M12V router with Lee Valley router insert. My mobile TS very similar to yours (smaller) and still under construction.
May I ask you where did you buy the leveling bolts for the mobile TS cabinet and how much?
I truly admire your setup and handicraft. Thanks, for showing it to us.

Rob, Thanks for the tour, very impressive.
-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at: http://www.amiigas.com Remove the NAIL from e-mail to reply
rob snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (rob) wrote in message

YOWSA! That's it! That's what I want!
My new Jet contractors saw just shipped in, and I want to build up a saw station like this. Good job!
snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (John Beadles) wrote in message

Thanks for the comments gang. Glad you liked it.
Very nice setup, very nice cabinets and bench. But don't try to tell me that is a 12" drill press when I can see by your own ruler over the bench that it is probably only one inch!
rob snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (rob) wrote:

Hello Rob;
Very nice work indeed! Thanks for sharing with us. Gives me some incentive to start on one of my own.
Thanks again for sharing,
WoodworkerDan Dan Harriman Orange, Texas
rob snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (rob) wrote in