SHOPFOX DEALER PLANER QUESTION

Page 2 of 2

Finally, someone who knows.
wrote in message

international
quality.
inspection,
company

I wrote the manual for our company. We are not certified, but our QC manual follows the ISO90001 guidelines and is sufficient for our customers. It took me a couple of days following a book I bought for $20. A real ISO certification would probably cost $10k+
I used to buy 90% of our poly bags from one supplier. They became ISO certified and every order after that was botched and I've not bought from them since.
This doesn't surprise me at all. The fall in quality likely was not a direct result of ISO certification but that certification in no way could have prevented it.

Incorrect.

Well let me rephrase, a company that is ISO "certified" subscribes to.
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid "22&dekey=International+Organization+for+Standardization&gwp&curtab"22_1&linktext=International%20Organization%20for%20Standardization
I've got to hand it to them, they know how to BS.

That very well may be. A relatives experience fit the links description. Perhaps some companies with a more select group of customers that want the whole 9 yards. Some government contracts might require the links description. I also have a friend that worked at NASA in Houston several years ago and ISO standards eliminated a lot of vendors from the list of "qualified" providers.
Leon wrote:

I think bespoke stuff and research stuff isn't really amenable to that process. But cranking out timeproven designs is.
I was doing drug discovery research in a company when the parasite^Win-house consulting group started making noises about ISO in discovery, and there was a general revolt in the division. No discussion, no plans, just everyone knew what they were going to do.
er
--
email not valid

Doesn't mean squat. All that says is that they eliminated anyone that didn't have the certification. That's like eliminating a job applicant because you didn't like the stationary he wrote his resume on.

Well it meant that if you were not ISO certified you did not get considered for the job. I do know that ISO certification does not mean that you do or do not have the capacity to perform the job. Basically politics.
Leon Mentioned:

CW mused

John added with a wry scottish smile and tongue firmly in cheek .... and they certainly know how to make URL's! ;-)) My God!, thats' the longest damned URL I've ever clapped eyes on ... oops! may have offended Mike Z there, .......oh, seems he's gone off to pray and rescue us from previous damnations(sp??)?
John
-- Remove 'spamfree' to reply
message news:n1D0g.110167
My God!, thats' the longest damned URL I've ever clapped eyes on ... oops! may have offended Mike Z there, .......oh, seems he's gone off to pray and rescue us from previous damnations(sp??)?
LOL IMHO that was only moderately long. I have seen some go 3 times that long.
I'd find a different dealer. His impetus may be to sell you the product that makes him the most money. His story about Jet is suspicious. Their customer service has always been outstanding in my experience.