Shop vac, revisited

Haven't decided on which shop vac yet, but I thought I'd share some brilliant ad copy for one of the 14 gallon Ridgid model on the Home Despot web site:
"For your added convenience, the patented car nozzle attachment cleans out the back of your truck to make room for your tools and equipment."
That's a lot of vacuum-size dirt in the back of a truck. Not enough room for tools? Sand storm, maybe? :-)
Doug Kanter said:

The ad copy they write nowadays is laughable... And it's usually painfully obvious that the writer has never _used_ the products, either. I see more and more of it - pretty soon, it'll be like trying to read a Japanese translation. <g>

Returning Iraqi based Hum-V's?
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

I got to proof some copy once that talked about the "sheer athleticism" and the company being a "sheer athlete" and it contained other general exaggerations (fraudulent) and silly statements concerning the product and company...
Just couldn't make them understand how dumb the copy sounded... They used it.
Maybe that's where the guy is working now. Maybe it spreads like bird flu... ...who knows?
Maybe it's related to the pencil incident...

slob. It is tough work.