Shop Vac research

My old noisy shop vac is dying (good riddance) so I'm in the market for a replacement. Also looking to take a step up in a number of categories.
I was going to ask people's opinion here, but I had some time and did a little researching myself. Here are some links for those who are also in the market.
Good FWW article (membership req'd, or if you have issue #163....) http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ToolGuide/ToolGuidePDF.aspx?id (54
Another good article... http://www.consumersearch.com/www/house_and_home/shop-vac-reviews /
couldn't find a review on the bosch, but here's a link, maybe you'll have better luck than me. http://www.nextag.com/Bosch-3931A-Airsweep-13-512623422/prices-html?nxtg 1b0a240501-59FF6C636DF49F30
American woodworker had an oft-referenced article though I couldn't seem to locate a link to it. Maybe you'll have better luck.
I tried Consumer reports, but it seems like they're only reviewing the shop-vac, craftsman, ridgid groups.... oh well.
Many articles available if you're looking at the lower end (read: noisy and underpowered), but that's not what I was going for here.
After all that, I think I'm going to take a step down from the fein and festool and go with the porter cable 7814. Looks almost as good for $100+ less
no affiliation, blah blah blah
Be well, work wood, make dust.
JC
oh, btw, if you have opinions on the above, feel free to enlighten me. My mind is not completely made up yet.
jc

Interesting thread over at sawmill creek on that: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?pT3613#poststop Conclusion is that the Ridgid (Home Depot) models with Scroll Noise Reduction are quieter with better suction than high-end vacs, at much lower cost.

Thanks for posting.
Do you have a Farm & Fleet nearby? This is a great performer at an excellent price.
<http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/product.aspx?iF5746&h 0104005&p=1>
Joe wrote:

IF I was replacing my shop vac, which I do not use any more, I would go with Fein or Festool for the quiet factor. The quieter operation would be worth the extra money.
I have the small Fein. Three things I particularly like: 1) the noise level, 2) It uses bags (easy to change and the filter doesn't need to be cleaned), and 3) the noise level. Yes, the noise really makes a big difference to me. I found it on sale at woodcraft for about 140 bucks about a year ago.

Had my Fein at least 10 years. Use it daily, never a problem. Love it.