shop vac recommendations

Well my old shop vac finally bit the dust. No great loss, it was an old clunker anyway. This time around, I'd like to get something smaller, quieter and more powerful ... Any suggestions? How about the Fein Mini Turbo? Thanks in advance. Regards, Irwin

Reply to
Alan

my porter cable has performed well for me for 3 years now. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

I just purchased the Fein Turbo II to replace a Craftsman Shop Vac. . The vacuum works well with plenty of suction and is quiet. I bought it primarily because I wanted to connect it to the dust port on my Porter Cable sanders and new 894 router. A feature of the Turbo II is that the vac turns on and off with the sander/router. However the Fein vac hose and Porter Cable dust ports are mismatched in size. While reducers are probably available to improve the fit, I'm am using duct tape for now to assure a tight connection.

Reply to
Jim Giblin

Just got the new Shop-Vac "Hang Up" model--2.5 hp, quieter than my old one, mounts anywhere, has 18' hose!

-- In golf, it's not the score that counts--it's the company!

Reply to
Bob

"Alan" Well my old shop vac finally bit the dust. No great loss, it was an old

...based on the larger Fein II model, I'd probably scratch the notion of "more powerful." But powerful enough, and much better otherwise.

Reply to
Woodstock

Well, how about a non-recommendation. I have a dust collector, so fortunately I don't have to worry too much about frequent use of this thing, but I picked up a Shop-Vac on sale for $50. It's quieter than the previous model, but still no prize. The motor is kinda cheap and smells like burning varnish after few minutes of running. I would NOT buy it again.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

My first Shop Vac from the 80's was not bad. But the Shop Vac I got about 3 years ago is a joke. The motor burnt in the first year and now it doesn't sound like its going to last much longer. I must remember to unplug it because it sometimes turns on by itself.

I went out and got a Rigid shop vacuum. The Ridgid is quieter and out performs the old Shop Vac. I got the 16 gallon with 6hp. Seems well built and does not require a bag. Comes also with cartridge filter and the hose is 2½.

Daniel

Reply to
D. Martin