Shop Vac recommendation?

Any recommendations on a decent shop vac for under $100? I don't foresee needed the Wet capability since this is mostly to hook into my router, orbital sander, bandsaw, and general shop clean up. I currently have a tiny shop vac, but it's not very powerful and dust filtering is just a loose fitting felt/paper bag.
This is definitely not to replace a dust collector. But my project to build a cyclone won't be ready for use for at least 6-9 months.
Thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Winthrop
I like the Rigid shop vac I have. It's about three years old but the newer ones have a better design in my opinion. I just got one for my dad for Christmas and it works just fine. There are plenty of models for well under $100.
I would go with the Fein. Quiet and powerful. Best $150 I have ever spent on a vac after my shopvac caught fire ;-) Worth every penny. Bill in NJ

tiny
build
I always get a craftsman, they are really good. I know because I have a whole pile of them out behind the shop. Wait a minute......I keep buying them ..........and buying them...........hhhhhhhmmmmmmm Maybe they arent all that after all!! LOL
Jim

I will second that on the Fein...buy once and be happy....a Fein vac would last most shops a life time....quiet and powerful.....treat yourself to a quality machine
Good luck, Mike from American Sycamore
Wife just came home with a Shop Vac - the archetype - for $50. Reason for purchase? Couldn't get replacement dry filters for my 30 year old model, and the last of the reserve was too choked with drywall dust.
Don't say you don't need wet, or your septic may overflow....

tiny

For the 'inexpensive' ones, it's pretty much Ridgid, or Shop-Vac. Sold either under their own name, or any of a number of 'house' labels.
The Ridgid 1216 gallon (the only difference is the cannister size) is surprisingly quiet, even without the 'muffler' attachment they sell.
I just got the Ridgid 12 gallon from the Borg. Its a lot quieter than my c. 1983 Craftsman was, and there're are a lot of accessories available.
One thing though: the Craftsman brush nozzle had softer bristles, which seemd to work a lot better when vacuuming dust off finished surfaces after sanding. -JBB

tiny
build
Thanks for all the referrals.
I ended up picking up the 12 Gal Ridgid today as well. It's amazing how much quieter and powerful it is compared to the tiny 2 HP wet/dry vac I replaced. Ended up buying a HEPA filter and the muffler as well for a total of $105.
-Winthrop

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:30:57 -0800, "W Chan"

    Well, I got a very nice, commercial Shop-Vac at a local pawn shop for $80.     Regards     Dave Mundt
Always heard that Craftsman vacs suck better. I bought one and have NO complaints except for noise. But here seems to be a direct correlation between noise and power.