Shop storeage question

I think the router is a real problem with so many sizes and shapes of bits. My biggest complaint is my Makita cordless drill and Bosch jig saw. Both have cases built for only what comes with the package. I can squeeze a (very) few bits and screws in the drill box and a small package of blades in the jig saw box. On the other hand, I have a Milwaukee Sawzall and 1/2" right angle drill and both have a sizeable compartment for blades and bits - makes it nice to grab and go.

Reply to
Tom

mostly I keep drill bits separate from the drill motors.

most of the drill motors go in 2 canvas bags. 1 has the 1/2" milwaukee hole shooter and the 1/2" bosch hammer drill. the other has the 3/8" milwaukee/sioux angle drill, the ancient black and decker 3/8" drill and the 3/8" hole shooter. I have an ancient cheapie drill motor in an ancient cheapie drill guide. it lives in a drawer and rarely gets used, though when it does I'm happy to have it. I found a great deal on indexes of cheap bits 1/16 - 1/2", so I bought a bunch. each bag has one of those and the bag with the 3/8" drills usually has the box with the spade bits also.

at the mill drill I keep an index of quality domestic twist drills as well as several indexes of cheapies. I have a box with hole saws that lives on a shelf next to a box of hammer drill bits(which would go in the 1/2" drill bag, but some of them are too long...). I have a box with several types of braces and a nice selection of auger bits. I have a box of miscellaneous twist drills that is probably near the mill drill at the moment. the morse taper shank drill bits are in a box under the lathe, which is the only machine I have that fits them. there are also a few extra long shank twist drills that are too long to fit anywhere else, so they end up in one of the roll away drawers.

it's a never ending battle.....

Reply to
Bridger

I suggest your driver's licence number on your state ID. Cops can run it instantly and I.D. your stuff.

Reply to
Len