Shop safety?

If you saw someone using a bandsaw trying to cut fine curves in 2" pine, with an inch deep blade, rather than the 3/8" deep one in the machine behind, with the guard 5-6" above the wood and the user not wearing eye protection, what would you say?

Reply to
badger.badger

It depends...

Am I his boss? A co-worker? The UPS driver delivering a package? The OSHA inspector? Collecting $2 on my paper route?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Nothing. I would wait until he turned the saw off so as not to distract him.

Reply to
Leon

Spot on!

Though I gather several people have removed digits on it in the past, no-one teaches them the basics....In a University!

Reply to
badger.badger

"Hey - ya got another one of them there beers?"

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I think that guy is on TV, The Junk Brothers. They do that stuff every week. Those guys are worse craftsmen than I am!

Reply to
rich

Excellent! I have a few disaster stories to tell. Most medical folks will share stories too.

Reply to
Phisherman