shop progress, part 3

Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils. I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two week delivery time on them :(
Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach perlins every 2 feet.
http://www.woodwrangler.net/newshop.html
basilisk

You got a floor and some walls. Hopefully you will get a roof and some doors on there before the next cycle of torrential rainfall arrives. It will be nice to work inside when the weather is acting up outside.
On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:22:26 -0400, Lee Michaels wrote:

It will be nice to finally have a place to work and have everything centrally located.
I'm doing well on the budget but from here on out I will have to pace myself somewhat.
basilisk

On 9/15/2012 7:59 AM, basilisk wrote:

Looking good! Just concentrate on getting that puppy "dried-in" and you can take your sweet old time from then on.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Admit it. Your greatest satisfaction will come from having a place where you can go to avoid everybody else.
On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:42:07 -0400, Dave wrote:

Naw, nobody here but me, technically my son lives with me but it isn't uncommon to only see him a few hours a week, he's young and busy. We're at a good place in life, adult friends, not just father and son.
basilisk

Understand completely. I always liked having a place that I could go that was *my* place. When I had my own workshop, I'd frequently go there, wouldn't do any woodworking and would find something else to do that interested me. Occasional solace is good for the soul.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/9dua6ky Oh, you meant "lintels", dincha?

Why were't they ordered 2+ weeks ago with a delayed/movable delivery date? Our local yard builds and stores things for contractors all the time.

Purlins for a metal roof, or tile?
-- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:58:53 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

There was only one minor problem with that, cash flow.

Metal, couple of nearby shops will roll and cut to exact lenght, makes for easy work.
Do people put tile roofs on shops in OR? The only tile used in Al is on Mexican restaurants and a few $4.5 million McMansions.
basilisk

That's a biggie.

Sorry, I forgot the smiley. ;)
-- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
basilisk wrote:

The first shop I built I used aluminum, rolled & cut to length. It was light to handle and reflected the Texas sun well, but I'm sure it costs more than steel. My current shop was already there when we bought the house and it has asphalt shingles (black) and just soaks up the heat from the sun.
--
G.W. Ross

Brain cells come and brain cells go,
I noticed your "Odd piece of pine" page. I have a couple boards of that stuff I found at the local borg. I think this is called Ambrosia Pine and is caused by "secretions" from some type of borer that actually fill up the hole as the bug continues to eat through the tree.
I couldn't find a source on the web to verify what I think the name is, so please let me know if someone supplies better info.
Regards, Roy