Shop lighting

I would like to replace a pair of 4ft fluorescent fixtures with a pair of 8ft fixtures in my "shop", and use the 4 ft somewhere else. I was at the HomeDepot this afternoon and looked at their fixtures. They had fixtures that used either T12 75 watt, or T12 110 watt lamps (and some T8 stuff). My question is: I have a case of T12 60W tubes that I got for the best price imaginable. Will they work in these other fixtures, or do I have to look for fixtures that use the 60W tubes?
I would like to get the fixtures that have electronic ballasts and are compatible with the 110W tubes not so much because of the extra light output, but because they are quiet. But would like to use my 60W tubes until they are all gone before buying the 110W tubes. I know I'm not talking about a whole lot of money, and a case of tubes will last me until I'm dust, but. . .
Wayne
P.S. If you know of a more appropriate news group to post this in, please let me know.
You could post it in alt.home.repair
AZCRAIG

My
The 75 watt T12 fixtures, The fixture should accommodate your F60T12 lamps and work well. If you check the fixture ballast markings first, It should state ' For use with ** number of 72 watt T12 ( F72 ) or ** 60 watt (F60 ) T12 lamp/s.' +
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work