shop light

I'm baffled by what I find interesting, so please humor me when I say that this light is one of my greatest shop investments.

http://216.117.185.2/de/2005/productdetail.php?iid=502I've been looking for a good overhead light for my miter station and when I saw this at my local Yard Bird for $34.00 I instantly fell in love. It's difficult to see but it has (2)65 watt flourescent bulbs with a high polish reflector. it's 4 feet long and hangs from two chains. The best part is it has a pull chain switch...pull it once the left light goes on, pull it twice the right goes on, pull it three times both lights go on.

I know...I know...shop light... BFD. Its more of a symbol than anything. My garage is finally becoming, instead of a pile of tools, a shop. This light represents the finishing touches. No one ever tells you how difficult it is to put all the "puzzle" pieces together. I hope I'm not alone in my difficulty. Just one person give me some kind of afirmation!!!!!

Don

Reply to
rickluce

Darn nice light, Don. I might just find one for my miter station. Thanks. Tom

Reply to
tom

Now that's the type of humoring I'm talkin' about!!!!! Read and learn Rec'rs

Reply to
rickluce

Finishing touches?? You think you'll ever be finished? Sorry friend, it just doesn't work that way. Nobody I know is ever finished with their shop for long. That warm glow of pride you feel now will last only until you think of something else you need to "finish" your shop. But enjoy it while it lasts. :) And resist the temptation to bring home anything that you feel you "settled" for. If you settle, you pay your money without getting any warm glow at all.

But it is a very nice light. I wish I had one over my bench.

DonkeyHody "If thy neighbor offend thee, buy each of his children a drum." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

Reply to
DonkeyHody

I like the light as well. I bought a couple of halogen shop lights at Sears that looked like that. They were 600 watts each! I thought they would be similar to what you got (600w output, 135w draw) but no, they drew 600w EACH. Anyway - I exchanged them for a better 4' fluorescent fixture that can handle T8 or T12. No where near as bright. I will keep my eye out for these in my area.

How much are replacement bulbs? Are they readily available?

Good luck with it.

Reply to
No

Don, I have one of these above my work bench. I had to take one back because the light was flickering when I first turned it on and took to long to stop flickering. The second light seems to be working ok. I use one light most of the time. I believe the replacement bulbs were around $13.00. I would buy it again. Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

Ted:

Where did you get the light from? The companies wed site does not list any dealers. Thanks!

Bigpole wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Connors

Well I'm in Northern California and I got mine from Yard Birds, a local home improvement store. You might get a response from them if you Email them.

Don

Reply to
rickluce

Reply to
bradnh

Joe, I'm near Columbus, Ohio and bought mine at the Andersen's General Store. Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

The light sounds good , of course I know they don't make much noise, but you get what I mean. I'm almost sure there are many woodworkers/workshoppers like you and like me, who find they get a feeling of accomplishment/ satisfaction from some of the small touches or odd things that make a workshop seem right for them. OTOH it might just be you and mabye me. " Finising touches" in a workshop must be some kind of oxymorn, like" to many tools" or " this little cut/adjustment/change will only take a minute" . How many words are permitted in an oxymoron.

Reply to
mlpogue

Ted:

Thanks! I just ordered some from Costco.com.

Bigpole wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Connors

Thanks for reading my entire message.

Reply to
rickluce

You're welcome I'm sure you'll do the same for me someday

Reply to
mlpogue