shop heat option

Greetings, Was at the pet supply store and saw heaters for lizard cages. "Bulb" was ceramic. It had a standard bulb base, but instead of a glass bulb it was a ceramic disk. Special fixtures recommended. Imagine one of those aluminum-reflector clip-on work lights. Might work for localized shop heat, or perhaps as a warmer for finishing or gluing, apropos of a couple of recent threads. Just wanted to pass the idea along, in case someone can make use of this heater. Lizards as pets? Ugh.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

I'm a cheapskate though, so I use a 25W ceramic rod anti-condensation heater from a scrap photocopier. In a steel cupboard the size of a large filing cabinet / small wardrobe this gives me an extra 3°C of warmth through an English winter

Geckos are OK. Iguanas are vicious bastards that want nothing more than to grow to an unmanageable six foot long by eating a diet of your fingers. Crocodilians are for stupid people who didn't read that last page in the owner's handbook.

Or, of course, Steve

Andy Dingley

Thank you for posting that. I need a different heat source for my tomcat's bed than the heating pad I'm now using. This will work very well! (Tomcat has been sent to the "doghouse" because of spraying in the house, thought the "doghouse" is really the covered/enclosed patio. It is

*not* true that neutered toms don't spray; he was neutered at 6 months old and started these nonsense at 3 years old. I miss him in the house; like many toms, he's extra affectionate. Summer's nicer 'cuz I'm outside so much and he gets ample attention, but not so much this time of year.)

I did check out the heating mats at Lowe's and will be getting the small one ($128) when that portion of the garage is cleared out and trying that on the floor for shop heat. If it works, I'll add another. More later on that.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose