Shop heat

You got me there. We lived about 600 feet from Lake Erie. The tropical breezes from Canada kept it to no colder than -15. I can recall sking in college where a cold spell hit in the day and it got to -10 in the day. I guess it got real cold that night.

Reply to
Jim Behning

That was 1963, the year they established the no parking, snow ban ordinance when there was 2" on the ground.

Where? I probably sailed right past your place.

Over the years, kept my boat in Fairport, Cleveland, Lorain, and finally Sandusky.

Living along the lake affords some protection from the lake itself.

The folks on the east side get the best of it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I lived in Bay Village from 1963-1983. For year in the middle of the city at the low spot east of Cahoon Park. Low spot was Glen Park Road which had a mini valley and a creek running down the middle. Next house was on Bradley Road which was close to the wedge of the city. Both houses were 3-4 houses from the actual lake.

One of my neighbor talked about the huge beaches we used to have at Bay Village. She had a picture of 100 feet of sand on the west side of the city where I lived. I guess there used to be a lot of cottages down there before they raised the water level.

My wife lived in Chardon which was east of Cleveland and always got dumped with the most snow.

I was on a big sailboat once for an hour at night. I think I was on a dingy, tiny sailboat where we tried to go from our neighborhood to Cahoon Park and back. Slow going in a little boat I vaguely recall. I was not much of a water person.

Reply to
Jim Behning

"Jim Behning"

It was a common joke that since there were no bars in "Bay", nobody in the village drank.

Unless you lived there, it was hard to grasp "lake effect" snow that got dumped on Geauga County.

Maybe 72" at the airport on the west side, minimum of 120" in the "snow belt".

My idea of racing was "down below for a cold one".

Strictly a cruising sailor.

Understand.

Lew

Reply to