Shop heat

Page 2 of 2

Anything like one of these? http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pD590&cat=1,43456,43465

Nope. Here it is:
http://www.cadetco.com/show_product.php?prodid 12
No one has mentioned pellet stoves. I live on an island in the Seattle area. No natural gas, Propane is very expensive here because of the extra cost of bringing it on the ferry. I chose a pellet stove. Works wonderful and heats the whole shop (1200 sq ft with high ceislings) in 30 min or so. I do have a ceiling fan which helps a lot. The wood pellets burn very hot and a big advantage of a pellet stove is that one does not need a chimney. Just cut a hole in the wall. Of course it has to be insulated. Works great!

May be a good choice. Be aware, however, with solid fuel heaters there may be some code considerations. They are not allowed in attached garages. Wood embers and coals can be hot and glowing for a day or so after the fire was "out" and fumes can ignite. Watch those solvents.