Shop Guest

Page 2 of 4
Stuart wrote:

There are some ladies in here who think I was too harsh on you in my previous reply, Stuart. Apparently, you forget a smiley face and people get their panties in a wad.
Sorry about that.
--

-MIKE-

/That/ was mature.

Theories not fully accepted by all. Some experts dismiss the rat/flea theory because it doesn't fully support the incredibly rabid spread of the disease across Europe.
nb

Not too bright, are you.
nb

Bubba is just up to his usual tricks of spreading half-truths & misinformation about health issues.
If one bothers to read up on the black death or the plague, one quickly finds out that the European Yersinia pestis epidemic probably originated from rat fleas that spread to humans. However, it is not only carried by fleas, but the infection also has pulmonary and blood infection versions. The rapid spread in Europe was not only the flea version, but also the pulmonary version where individuals could get infected from droplets emitted from infected people coughing and spitting.
Luigi

That is correct

The way the toes are splayed on that front foot is pretty cool. When I was a kid I had a pet rat, so that little guy looks kinda cute to me.
We don't get possums here in Saskatchewan, they can't handle the winter. Wimps.
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:43:40 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Industrial spy.

My wife had a pet rat. They make quite good pets and a lot better than some (hamsters and gerbils come to mind).

We had possums in Vermont. The ones here in Alabama wear armor. Oh, wait. That's the woodchucks that are armored.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove to the woodchuck that it could be done.

I think I saw some of those in Florida... Armordillos?
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:35:10 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Yep, just another species of road kill.
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

SFWIW:
Goodyear Tire has/had a test track a few miles outside San Angelo, TX, which I'm told is/was the sheep capital of the USA.
There was a 5 mile high speed oval for testing automotive tires and an 8 mile oval for life testing of truck tires.
They had left the brush in the infield of the 8 mile track which made great habitant for rattlesnakes and the occasional armadillo.
Let me tell you driving at 55 MPH in the hot sun of San Angelo in July can be downright miserable as well as boring as the devil.
The night shift was a little better, but not much.
(Spending a little time at the test track made you appreciate why people wear cowboy boots in that part of the world.)
The rattlesnakes would come out of the infield and crawl out onto the track to sun themselves which created an opportunity for the drivers to relieve the boredom.
Driver would run over a snake, then stop and cut off the rattle, get back in the truck and keep going until rest break, when he would grab a hammer, some 16d nails and nail rattle(s) up on a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the rest station.
During my visit, they had filled up 2-3 plywood sheets.
Once and a while an armadillo would come running out on the track.
The object was to hit the armadillo and not kill it, but simply to knock it out of it's shell.
Makes life easier for the other predators as well as demonstrate the driver's skill.
Amazing how resourceful the human animal can be.
Lew
Wow - I don't believe I've seen one live on the hoof (so to speak),
I usually see them next to a greasy stain at the side of the road . . .
They are sorta cute . . .
Jim
You mean that was not dinner? 8>)
Swingman wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

And you won't have pay him much either. <G>

PUSHSTICK!
Lee Michaels wrote:

They do work. They eat about everything organic laying around. :-)
--

-MIKE-

And you can claim a rebate for hiring a handicapped employee -- didn't you notice his left eye is bad, he is half blind, no stereoscopic vision.

Swingman wrote:

Kinda risky on his part walkin' in on somebody from Louisiana, wasn't it? :-)

Rob Leatham

Should I ship you one of my shop blacksnakes?