Shop Guest

Dropped by right after breakfast, walked right up and introduced himself as I was ripping stock for an appliance garage. Hung around for lunch, begged part of my ham sandwich, then left with out so much as "by your leave". Didn't lift a hand, but watched everything closely and appeared to be taking notes.

Swingman

SUPPER!

Reply to
Leon

:-)

They're very curious, when they're young like that. We get them every spring, and they sure are cute.

Even when they get older, they're not aggressive, like people think. That defensive pose they strike, when cornered, looks pretty viscous with those crazy teeth and all and the hissing.

They also are not disease-ridden and dangerous to your pets, like many think. Their body temperatures are actually too low to host most mammal viruses like rabies.

Because they're almost blind when not in the dark, it's pretty easy to catch them by just putting a box or crate right next to them. They'll climb right inside, trying to escape the light.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Hehe ... weathers not quite right yet for possum sauce piquant. Hit 98 in shop this afternoon.

Reply to
Swingman

was a kid I had a pet rat, so that little guy looks kinda cute to me.

We don't get possums here in Saskatchewan, they can't handle the winter. Wimps.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yeah but "that" Hot Sauce would make'em taste OK. It was about 98 in my shop today too along with a touch of humidity just over 97%. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Wow - I don't believe I've seen one live on the hoof (so to speak),

I usually see them next to a greasy stain at the side of the road . . .

They are sorta cute . . .

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mattheiss

My wife had a pet rat. They make quite good pets and a lot better than some (hamsters and gerbils come to mind).

We had possums in Vermont. The ones here in Alabama wear armor. Oh, wait. That's the woodchucks that are armored.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the woodchuck that it could be done.

Reply to
krw

It woulda been 98 in my shop, too. Mauser 98..... yum!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Many years ago, on a Sunday afternoon in the control room of a recording studio, I was attempting to lay down a bass track on a tune that just had to be finished that day. I was alone, there was no way to punch-in a

24 track in those days without re-winding and starting over, and only one track was left open so I couldn't comp it. I'd already had half a dozen shots at it from the top and was finally in the pocket and grooving on the last chorus when I caught a movement out the corner of my eye.

WTF? This was in a big city, no way in hell a curly haired, white, baby possum is going to walk into a recording studio, in broad daylight, downtown, in a big city, right?

Like hell!

Little shit walked right up to my tapping right foot, set himself down, looked up, and comfortably made himself an audience.

But, there was also NO way in hell I was going to stop playing, even for Godzilla, with only 30 seconds left to go on the best take of the day!

Only slight rattled, I managed to keep the groove, and while holding the last note long enough for the long fade the tune was supposed have, that little shit looked up at me as if say "Well, that wasn't all that bad, might wanna keep that one!", yawned, turned around and walked out.

(He did show up about a week later at the adjoining club next door and scared the shit out of the girls behind the bar ... but that's another story.)

That's twice now .... deja vu all over again.

Reply to
Swingman

102 and 10% in the AZ desert.

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

And I know from experience that with that kind of humidity and temp it feels like 70 to us from Houston. Last time my wife and I were in Moab the temp was around 107 at noon. Mixed with the low humidity we found it entertaining to visit the gift shops and the owners commenting how hot it was. It was a delightful day for us.

Reply to
Leon

"Swingman" wrote

Don't take pictures. Put him to work! He should be able to do SOMETHING. And you won't have pay him much either.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I think I saw some of those in Florida... Armordillos?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

PUSHSTICK!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to
Doug Miller

Rats carry and spread 35 diseases. In the middle ages, they wiped out 25% of the population of europe.

Reply to
Stuart

Not a rat, Stuart, but an American marsupial known as an opposum, supposedly a delicacy in the southern US.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Fellow musoid... didn't know.

Shame you didn't have a digital work station, you could've looped the section and let it record over and over, saving each take as you went.

Reply to
-MIKE-