Shop Fox Mobile base levelers

I have a Shop Fox mobile base, the one rated at

1200 pounds (their "super heavy duty" one). I've misplaced/lost the two leveler feet (threaded rods, rubber caps on one end, handles on the other). Grizzly wants $44 the pair, and I was wondering if someone who had the base could tell me the diameter, thread pitch, and length of these things so I can make up a pair of my own.

Thanks --

Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Whenever I have a problem like this, I just take the part to my local industrial fastener house. They are experts on matching things. Anything that has ever had a thread, they matched it for me. Even some exotic, metric (brass) candleholders found some mounting bolts through my laminated candle base.

Then I buy the part and go use it or modify it so it can be used. This methodolgy has served me well for over thirty years.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

:>

:> I have a Shop Fox mobile base, the one rated at :> 1200 pounds (their "super heavy duty" one). I've :> misplaced/lost the two leveler feet (threaded rods, :> rubber caps on one end, handles on the other). :> Grizzly wants $44 the pair, and I was wondering if :> someone who had the base could tell me the diameter, :> thread pitch, and length of these things so I can :> make up a pair of my own. :>

: Whenever I have a problem like this, I just take the part to my local : industrial fastener house. They are experts on matching things. Anything : that has ever had a thread, they matched it for me. Even some exotic, metric : (brass) candleholders found some mounting bolts through my laminated candle : base.

: Then I buy the part and go use it or modify it so it can be used. This : methodolgy has served me well for over thirty years.

Unfortunately, the bracket into which this rod goes is on the mobile base, which has a 450 pound lathe sitting on top of it!

In general I follow your advice, but it would be a major hassle to take everything apart.

-- Andy

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Andy - I think its metric. i do not have any metric dies to confim. It started through my 1/2" sae die but would not thread completely. Not sure off the tim of my head the closest metric to 1/2" but that should be it.

It also has a smaller end that is not threaded.

Looks like this

knob>1.5"metric thread>7/8" long x ~23/64 smooth shaft. I'll try to e-mail you a pic

Reply to
No

[...]

Shop Fox is made by Woodstock International. You might check with them and see how much they want for the parts. At the very least, they should be able to tell you what the threading is.

WoodStock:

bases

Devon Miller