Shop Fox

Does anyone know who manufactures/distributes Fox Shop equipment. I'm interested in their clamps in particular.
A web address, email or even snail mail address would be useful.
Many thanks, Roy
Have you tried a google search for "shop fox"...first place to look then ask for help...

Yes - have already done Google - all I get on Google is retailers - I was hoping someone here would know the manufacturers address ... Many thanks, Roy

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:48:49 +0000, RzB wrote:

http://www.shopfox.biz /
Woodstock International, Inc. P.O. Box 2309 Bellingham, WA 98227-2309 USA Phone: (800) 840-8420 Fax: (800) 647-8801 email: snipped-for-privacy@woodstockint.com
Notice their three locations happen to be identical to the three Grizzly locations :-)
-Doug
That's also Grizzly's address.... Hmmmmm
Rob
--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

snipped-for-privacy@telus.net
RzB wrote:

I believe "Shop Fox" is manufactured by "Woodstock International Inc.". See:
http://www.shopfox.biz /

Which, as Doug Winterburn noted, just happens to be co-located with Grizzly. I've seen the Woodstock International sign in the Grizzly parking lot in Bellingham. It seems pretty likely that they are very tightly related. A lot of Shop Fox stuff is just Grizzly models with slightly different motors and paint, but Grizzly also sells Shop Fox items alongside the Grizzly stuff in the Grizzly catalog.
Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com
Folks,
Unless something has changed, or I have been misinformed by folks at Woodstock International, Shop Fox is the tool development division of Woodstock, where as Grizzly is the power tool division. The corporate organization may be somewhat different, but functionally, I believe that this is accurate. Somewhat like Lee Valley and Veritas - Veritas is the tool development division of Lee Valley - at least functionally. There is probably a separation for lability reasons - a fairly common corporate practice.
Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws www.mcfeelys.com
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:11:44 -0500, Jim Ray wrote:

Also, Grizzly is only sold through the three Grizzly stores whereas Shop Fox can be sold through other distributors.
-Doug
There may also be some subtle distinctions in the tools. I have a Shop Fox floor mounted radial drill press and was just looking at the Grizzly equivalent. There are some characteristics that are different. Not in a major way but enough to be curious.
RB
Jim Ray wrote:

I would guess they use the Shop Fox label to sell their iron through other dealers, since Grizzly tools are only available directly from Grizzly.
As others have mentioned, they aren't trying to be sneaky, you can buy the Shop Fox line from Grizzly as well.
Joe

Not the best of clamps. I have a few and wish I had spent a few more bucks on some better ones like Jorgensen's or Besseys. Although I have plenty of those too. But it is impossible to have enough clamps. Somehow I know I'd find a way to use a warehouse full of them.
Rick

You've got plenty of responses, so I'll just toss in what I read - is that Shop Fox was Grizzly's way of producing equipment to be sold retail, as opposed to direct.
If there are differences between a piece of Shop Fox gear and a corresponding Grizzly piece, their largely cosmetic or "upgrades". IIRC, the warranty is one year longer on the 'Fox.
Many thanks to everyone... I'm actually in the UK and am interested in the clamps to make a veneer press. I want to contact them to see if their clamps are available in Europe. Interesting comment from Rick comparing the Jorgsen clamps... I can get Jorgsen press clamps in the the UK - 29 - $50 ish! There are also other options that I'm considering from our own Axminster. Still a bit expensive - I'm beginning to think a vacuume bag press might be cheaper! Anyway - many thanks for the help. Roy
If you are interested in building your own vacuum press system, let me know. I can help you with it. I just spent 2 weeks researching it on the net. Finally got everything ordered. Should have it up and running in the next week or so.
Rick

Rick wrote:

Please put it up on a web site. If you don't have one I'd be glad to put it up on one of mine.
-- Mark