Shop Expletives When Kids Are In The Shop

Page 2 of 2
SON OF A BUSH!!!! It's a lovely double entendre too. Art

Having learned some of the Noble Tongue as a youth, I just use a few choice Gaelic expletives.
1. Few have any clue what I said 2. Fewer still are willing to damage their vocal cords by attempting to emulate the noise I made
Works for me.
PS: Latvian is also good.
Thu, Jun 21, 2007, 11:59am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlieb) doth sayth: <snip> some verbal expression - of surprise (OH SH*T!), of disapproval<snip>
Anything you say, I can almost guarantee they've heard before on the playground, and probably used. No reason to repeat them in ornt of them, of course, unless is's an absolute emergency.
More than once I've ran across oe of mommy's little's angels, out away from their parents, and been cussed at simply because I was there. Wouldn't be so sorry if they'at least be creative, instead of simply repeating the same 3 or 4 words, over and over. Boring if nothing else..
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
I usually say something clever along the lines of "that's gonna leave a mark..."
Bob the Tomato
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:30:23 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I don't recall where I learned it from, but some time ago I learned to simply utter 'Thank You' out loud, while completing the appropriate phrase 'you sonofa bxxx' under my breath.
That way all others hear is 'Thank You' which should work no matter where you are or who's around you..
It also shows that you are a simple polite gentlemen. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
(charlieb)

charlieb wrote:

Sorry, Charlie ... I think you had it right, right there.
When looking for something, I find it useful to mutter like Yosemite Sam. When careless with sharp things, I remind myself not to bleed on the carpet. (There is none in my house.) When looking at the impact site for a kickback I am most likely to say "Ooh, now THAT'S gonna leave a mark."
Frankly, I think profanity reflects immaturity. There are always other words to say and there is that golden stand-by -- silence. Venting my anger will not staunch the flow of blood nor find my missing wrench. But it will make me a foul-mouthed old man.
YMMV but those are my conclusions.
Bill
Virus Database (VPS): 000751-4, 06/23/2007
charlieb wrote:
> Now there are those who say "Someone who cusses merely displays > their ignorance, their sad lack of a good vocabulary and an inability > to express themselves adequately." To which I say - > "What a crock of crap!"
IMHO, profanity is an art form.
Like all art forms, some are better equipped, either by practice or just plain native talent, to perform the art form.
Probably like many of you I have endured performances of those who were inadequately prepared or had no talent; however, there is still hope.
In the hands of a professional, profanity is like a rapier, not a broad ax.
It does not offend, rather it entertains.
It is truly a change of pace to hear the art form practiced well.
Lew
829

Sam Soltan wrote:

and charlie b asked
?
Sun, Jun 24, 2007, 3:53am samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom (SamSoltan) doth sayeth: 829
Somewhere I probably still have a copy of that list, but all I can recall for offhand is 826.
If you've got a list, I'd appreciate a copy, either by e-mail, or post.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton