Shop expansion decision

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:32:18 -0500, Frank Boettcher

And you could build a removable ramp for your cart.
Mike O.
I would try very hard to avoid a step into the shop. I had to make that decision when I built mine and have not regretted keeping it the same level as the garage - machines, my mill etc can be rolled in and out. I would also try very hard to make sure the ceiling is at least 8-1/2 feet high (more is better) so that you can work with 8' without having to do strange things. Also, consider putting wall outlets 4-1/2 feet up from the floor so you can lean sheets of "stuff" against the walls and still get to the outlets.
mikey