Shop Dog Update

She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two. Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Took her for her walk this morning after a rain. She loves wet grass, wet bushes and puddles. She never walks around puddles, just straight through. She is now filled out, sleek and full of energy. So is the puppy.

My wife says Curly is my shadow.

Reply to
G. Ross

:-) Good luck.

Reply to
woodchucker

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago. Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Best of luck on that. Dogs are surprisingly resilient (thankfully!) and I am betting she will do fine.

When you get a good one, dogs are a very special gift in life. My German Shepherd mix was with me for about 12 years and has been gone for over 20. Still think about him a lot.

Fingers crossed over here!!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thank you.

Reply to
G. Ross

I have had several dogs over the years, but this is the sweetest one yet. She tried to take a nap with me on the sofa today, but she kept snuggling up behind my back until she nearly pushed me off. Had to give up on that.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Reply to
G. Ross

Thank you.

Reply to
G. Ross

All dogs are special. Some are a bit more special than others...I had one of those but sweet Lila has been gone for several years now (old age). I miss her. I hope all goes well for your special special one.

Reply to
dadiOH

Friend of mine had a Great Dane that couldn't understand that she wouldn't fit in anybody's lap.

Hope all goes well.

Reply to
J. Clarke

--------------------------------------------- Congratulations, hope everything works out.

SFWIW, my grandson is waiting for his new pup until it has been weaned before getting him.

My daughter tells me that when full grown, this male pup will grow to about 200 pounds while a bitch would weigh about 170 lbs.

When asked why he got such a big dog, he reportedly said the he was a big guy (he is at least 6'-5""), and he needs a big dog.

Living in a small apartment with a new wife (got married in April), should be interesting.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks, Lew. I can't imagine buying dog food for a really big dog. While Curly has been getting her weight back she has been eating like a pig, but that is slowing down now.

Reply to
G. Ross

my first thought when i read the subject was a topic on bench dogs

do not know anythin about dogs but good luck on treatments i have a cat that is no longer allowed in the shop did you know that tom cat spray removes paint it does a decent job before i discovered the problem it was too late table saw cabinet and rolling toolbox were hit bad the paint was peeling and rust was setting in

not his fault just doing his thing cats and dogs can do no wrong they just do what they do

Reply to
Electric Comet