SHOP CAT PUSH STICKS - PDF

http://www.woodworkingforwomenmagazine.com/freepatterns/pdfs/mar06_kittycatfamily.pdf
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

http://www.woodworkingforwomenmagazine.com/freepatterns/pdfs/mar06_kittycatfamily.pdf
Cute, but I wonder if the front paw, which comes in contact with the piece, shouldn't be quite so rounded. Seems like the push stick would have the tendency to ride up on the piece. ?     wondering,     jo4hn
Thu, Apr 20, 2006, 8:25am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth sayeth: Cute, but I wonder if the front paw, which comes in contact with the piece, shouldn't be quite so rounded. Seems like the push stick would have the tendency to ride up on the piece. ?
You're not using your imagination. Position a cat just as you want your push stick to be, freeze the cat in that position. Lay the cat on your wood, trace around the cat. Cut the push stick out. Viola, custom push stick. Refreeze the cat, so you can use it as a master for when you need more push sticks. No prob.
Yeah, yeah, I know, you could use the frozen cat as a push stick. But, you do that and eventually you're going to run out of neighborhood cats. This way your cats will last a lot longer.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

Well, up here in the boondocks, we have lots of critters. Some of them end up as roadkill. There ain't much humidity so if you don't get to it pretty quick, they're inedible, even with an overnight soak. But they are really stiff, so a couple coats of poly will seal them real good.     boy howdy,     jo4hn
Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 8:25am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth sayeth: Well, up here in the boondocks, we have lots of critters. Some of them end up as roadkill. There ain't much humidity so if you don't get to it pretty quick, they're inedible, even with an overnight soak. But they are really stiff, so a couple coats of poly will seal them real good.
Please post a plans link, and photos.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

Trade secret.     j4
Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 4:28pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) now claimeth: Trade secret.
Selfish bastard.
JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude. - Unknown

http://www.woodworkingforwomenmagazine.com/freepatterns/pdfs/mar06_kittycatfamily.pdf
Hmmmmmm. Something goofy. I've tried to look at this several times, but my Acrobat keeps telling me there was an error opening the document, cannot decrypt it.
--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.