Shop Cabinet Door

Page 5 of 5

Yeah, they're good.

As a prelude to cannibalism? (aka: Soylent Green)

Just what we need...
-- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns

I don't think a lot of people realize how truly evil Monsanto is. I'm lucky to live in a rural area with lots of farmers markets and access to organic produce from the farm as well as grass fed beef. Eggs available from neighbors.
Mike M

3.5 miles. It's the nearest store to my house. I'm covered! <giggle>

Lemme guess: Liberal? (No, silly, the lady.)
-- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns
On 5/3/2012 11:29 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The word hadn't been invented yet ..
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

It was probably "Commie!" back then.
-- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns

You have no idea. I've been scarred for life from the damned flying diapers.

You're partially right, but in the past, I have visited the occasional farm. Same conditions as the pigeons on my balcony. Bird poop and feather fluff everywhere.
In any event, it's people I don't trust to be responsible if it came down to hen ownership. *There*, I do have an understanding and experience.

So, you punish them all, instead of just the irresponsible ones.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

With the bleeding heart nanny laws in place these days, the irresponsible ones are starting to outnumber the responsible ones. Very few are willing to stand up for their values these days, because they get shouted down by the rank and file.
People are getting lazier and greedier as time goes by. I guess I can't blame them. Look at our politicians these days pigging out on the public pig trough with their attitudes of entitlement. Very few examples of how to live there.
DAGS on Bev Oda or Conrad Black.

PUNISH? "Hey, she has chickens. Why can't I have a rhinoceros?"
-- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns
On 5/3/2012 3:37 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

You can have one as soon as Denny's serves their eggs on toast and KFC's fries their drumsticks and thighs.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Just so you know, I'm not completely heartless when it comes to birds. *These* birds I was cheering for. :) http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/baby_duckies_survive_treacherous_highway_crossing/39e79520
On 5/3/2012 4:16 AM, Dave wrote:

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/baby_duckies_survive_treacherous_highway_crossing/39e79520 Just goes to shows you ... any country boy will tell you in a heartbeat that ducks, and geese, are far far far more objectionable, and vile, than any flock of hens that ever lived ... those cute little ducks will make your pigeons look like altar boys. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I haven't had any real experience with ducks, but I have run into some Canada Geese down at Toronto Island. The way those birds hiss at you and then attack had me thinking I'd rather deal with a pit bull. Those birds are *mean*.
It's also the reason why I stopped going down there a good ten years ago. You couldn't go two feet in any direction without stepping in goose shit. I've mentioned this previously, but it deserves mention again.
Guess you can tell eh? I'm not a bird person.
On 5/03/12 10:21 AM, Dave wrote:

Dave, I too live in Toronto, but not downtown, we have two houses in the area with pigeon coops in the backyard, and they both let the flock out every now and then. Let's just say I am glad we aren't any closer to either of them.
--
Froz...

"Dave" wrote:

Geese AKA nature's manure generator.
Around here, "Guard Geese" are not uncommon.
Can make more noise than barking dogs.
You never want to get between mama goose and her clutch.
Lew