shop broom

Page 1 of 2
Years ago I bought a rubber brush for the shop at a garage sale. I used to see something like it at the wood shows. I haven't seen them in years at the shows.
Mine is wearing at the collar where it attaches to the pole, and my other one (cheapie version) broke today. The cheapie had plastic carrier, while the older higher quality one is all rubber exterior and possibly steel molded in..
Has any one gone to the shows this year and seen these guys show up with the brooms. They really are better than a regular broom.
--
Jeff

"woodchucker" wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------- Check these out.
http://tinyurl.com/lkzpxrt
Lew
On 1/22/2014 10:18 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

awesome. Way better than a regular push broom.
--
Jeff

I bought one at the Kitchener Ontario wood show last year (2012 I think) It's great for sweeping snow of the Trex front porch too. - as well as taking snow off the cars.
I think it is called a "broom rake" - Can't remember the manufacturer or distributor but it is similaer to the one offered by eurolux in OZ.
On 1/22/2014 11:54 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

on their website anymore.
--
Froz...

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 00:15:24 -0500, FrozenNorth

opened up less than a mile from here 2 years ago - I likely got it at their opening.
On 1/23/2014 12:47 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Any plastic or is it all rubber?
--
Jeff

On 1/23/2014 12:52 PM, woodchucker wrote:

embedded in wood, entire extension handle is metal except for some rubber gaskets. It is indeed made by Fritze in Germany, but no longer appears to be on the Lee Valley site.
--
Froz...

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:26:35 -0500, FrozenNorth wrote:

How about
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?pg402&cat=2,42194,40727
Best Regards, Jack Fearnley
On 1/23/2014 4:52 PM, Jack Fearnley wrote:

--
Froz...

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 4:58:58 PM UTC-5, FrozenNorth wrote:

The text at the website reads:
"Used in a raking motion, it is particularly useful when sweeping rough or uneven surfaces;"
I have had numerous push brooms over the course of time and I have always found them to do a much better job when used in a raking motion as opposed to pushing. Only downside is that your shoes get really dirty.
On 1/25/2015 10:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I gotta tell you. I hate those broom handles, I want a solid handle. But the broom look ok.
--
Jeff

On 1/25/15, 8:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Not to state the obvious, but rotating the broom head 180 degrees on occasion takes advantage of the 'set' in the bristles to bring new life into a push broom. Usually when I find I'm pulling versus pushing to get the floor swept, it is time to rotate.
I'm a 'pusher' but of course if you prefer pulling, the same logic applies.
-BR
--- ---
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 21:52:11 +0000 (UTC), Jack Fearnley

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 23:54:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

"Fritze" - made in Germany
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca writes:

http://www.fusselschreck.de/english-version/our-products/

... not a shop broom at all - an outdoor broom.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?pg402&cat=2,42194,40727
John T.
--- ---
On 1/22/2014 10:00 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Might I suggest GOOP (or related silicone epoxy product)?
GOOP sticks to rubber (and everything else) and has some flexibility. It fixes rubber soled shoes, and whatever I, or the "butler" have thrown at it.
I believe I have a couple of those rubber brushes myself. Looks a bit like a push broom, only smaller and with a hundred rubber "bristles". Last one I had the head got disconnected and it tumbled off the roof and is buried in pine straw somewhere.
2 for $20 at the home shows.
Jeff
and my

Mine (purchased at a home show, years ago, too) is called a Wonderbroom, m ade in South Africa. The only place I found it online shows the price in R ands ... and who knows what the shipping costs would be or the estimated sh ipping time! Good luck. Others I've seen offered are not REAL rubber, bu t plastic and with handles not up to the tasks at hand.
On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 10:00:35 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

best way to clean the floor in your shop or garage is a leaf blower. While the best of brooms always leave some fine material behind the leaf blower quickly removes everything, and leaves a cleaner floor.
I understand and am not saying a leaf blower will clean a floor around the table saw with a half inch of saw dust, but it will allow you to clean the corners that you can not get at with a broom.
Like anything it takes a little technique and practice to do the job right, but the better cleaning is worth it. I do not know the last time I used a broom to clean the garage.