shop broom

Years ago I bought a rubber brush for the shop at a garage sale. I used to see something like it at the wood shows. I haven't seen them in years at the shows.

Mine is wearing at the collar where it attaches to the pole, and my other one (cheapie version) broke today. The cheapie had plastic carrier, while the older higher quality one is all rubber exterior and possibly steel molded in..

Has any one gone to the shows this year and seen these guys show up with the brooms. They really are better than a regular broom.

Reply to
woodchucker

-------------------------------------------------------- Check these out.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks Lew, but that's not what I am looking for. The rubber brush is awesome. Way better than a regular push broom.

Reply to
woodchucker

You mean the green one with the curved "bristles"? Made in Germany? I bought one at the Kitchener Ontario wood show last year (2012 I think) It's great for sweeping snow of the Trex front porch too. - as well as taking snow off the cars.

I think it is called a "broom rake" - Can't remember the manufacturer or distributor but it is similaer to the one offered by eurolux in OZ.

Reply to
clare

We habe one of those, think it came from Lee Valley, but can't find it on their website anymore.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Might I suggest GOOP (or related silicone epoxy product)?

GOOP sticks to rubber (and everything else) and has some flexibility. It fixes rubber soled shoes, and whatever I, or the "butler" have thrown at it.

I believe I have a couple of those rubber brushes myself. Looks a bit like a push broom, only smaller and with a hundred rubber "bristles". Last one I had the head got disconnected and it tumbled off the roof and is buried in pine straw somewhere.

2 for $20 at the home shows.

Jeff

and my

I checked mine when I swept off the truck this morning - it is a "Fritze" - made in Germany

Reply to
clare

Come to think of it, I think I DID get mine at Lee Valley. They opened up less than a mile from here 2 years ago - I likely got it at their opening.

Reply to
clare

Just searched lee valley didn't see it there.

Any plastic or is it all rubber?

Reply to
woodchucker

Scott Lurndal

Bristles appear to be a plastic polymer of some description, they are embedded in wood, entire extension handle is metal except for some rubber gaskets. It is indeed made by Fritze in Germany, but no longer appears to be on the Lee Valley site.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

... not a shop broom at all - an outdoor broom.

John T.

hubops

How about

Best Regards, Jack Fearnley

Reply to
Jack Fearnley

OK, that is it, must have missed it last night when I looked.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

That's it.

Reply to
clare

Mine (purchased at a home show, years ago, too) is called a Wonderbroom, m ade in South Africa. The only place I found it online shows the price in R ands ... and who knows what the shipping costs would be or the estimated sh ipping time! Good luck. Others I've seen offered are not REAL rubber, bu t plastic and with handles not up to the tasks at hand.

Reply to
aliceinva

Personal Opinion: While yo can spend a lot of money on a broom, the best way to clean the floor in your shop or garage is a leaf blower. While the best of brooms always leave some fine material behind the leaf blower quickly removes everything, and leaves a cleaner floor.

I understand and am not saying a leaf blower will clean a floor around the table saw with a half inch of saw dust, but it will allow you to clean the corners that you can not get at with a broom.

Like anything it takes a little technique and practice to do the job right, but the better cleaning is worth it. I do not know the last time I used a broom to clean the garage.

Reply to
knuttle

Geez I wrote that a year ago. I am still limping along with my old brooms.

Now that I have a metal lathe it really is the best broom. The broom does not hold the chips.

Reply to
woodchucker

That does not work for a dungeon (basement shop).

Reply to
woodchucker

Even in a garage I would not want to blow a bunch of dust all around the shop that had already settled. Seems counterproductive.

Reply to
-MIKE-