Shop Apron

Page 2 of 3
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:23:12 GMT, the inscrutable Badger

Me? I'm harder on watches than my body. I use stairs and ladders exclusively, thanks. Ouch! Your story hurts just to READ!
I usually damage the lens before 3 years are up. Finding a nice plain watch nowadays is nearly impossible. Rats!
Maybe I'll write to Casio and say "_Enough_ with the text, just give me a plain watch. I don't need to know it's WATERPROOF TO 300 FEET, SHOCKPROOF TO 50Gs, ALARM, CHRONO, TIMER and all that other stuff which should be found in the manual (and/or on the bezel), NOT on the face of the watch."
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote: ...

Me, too...I'm terribly destructive on watches so I've gone to buying the $8 whatever of the day that's the smallest profile analog face thing (hopefully <not> Chinese altho that's getting harder) and saving the 40-year old Bulova folks got me for HS graduation for non-every day...
Larry Jaques wrote:

Indeed, the left knee has caused much pain since, including lower back, due to the growth within the knee causing lengthening of the leg by 3/8", enough to throw out the pelvis. I count myself lucky, the same day 30 miles away someone fell half the height and was killed outright!

When I retired from my computer job, I tossed my wristwatch and bought a pocket watch. Most of the time it's in the bottom of a side pocket, since few pants come with watch pockets any more.
The one I have now is a Benrus quartz from Walmart. I think I paid about $13 for it, and it's been running for over a year - has a day of the month as well as the time.
BTW, Walmart has some cheaper ones, under $10. I've had two of those. One ran fine for 3-4 years, the other crapped out in 3-4 months. That's when I "upgraded" to the "expensive" model :-).

I don't know - I was wearing a denim Woodcraft shirt that ended up landing me a paying commission!
Grant
John wrote:

I like mine. However, I do metalwork as well as making shavings!
Dave

Nice. Leather is costly.
I'd consider this one for $25, but it is shorter http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p2079&cat=1,43413,45989
But I bought this one for $18 Easily fit my generously shaped (but still sexy) abdomen. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p2078&cat=1,43413,45989

The Lie-Nielson (and the WWS version I referenced earlier) have the 'X" strap in back -- I really like that feature, beats having a strap around the neck.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Here's the Bucket Boss:
<http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/welcome.pl?ref=froogle+page=/a/ab/boss/bo83200.htm
Barry

Save your money and buy it here for less than half that price. http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G9123
I like the one my wife made, it's kevlar with some type of soft coating that is light seems to be able to take the shop.She's a rocket scientist so who knows were she got the materials.
len

leonard wrote:

Len, never ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.
Seriously, when I want an apron my wife whips one up for me, to my design.
There are certain advantages to this marriage thing.
--RC
I make my own.

coating
so
Home made (or made by a friend) is the way to go. I have a leather worker friend who made one for me in exchange for some really basic woodworking. Total value of the exchange was about $10.

coating
so

That is one of the most amusing (in a good way) anecdotes I've ever read. On a number of levels. Thanks. -- Igor
On 23 Feb 2005 18:12:06 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
Why not check this Ebay store?
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ehwa_apron

Ahh, well...I don't think I'd ever live it down if someone saw me wearing one of those flowered aprons.
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com
Nice shop! I am so jealous.
What's the thing coming out of the ceiling above your router table? A sky light?
Good idea on the outfeed "table" for your table saw.
Liked the wall shelves, too.
Jeff P. wrote: [snip

[snip]
If you mean the white tube that's the PVC line from my DC to the other side of the room. It runs over the suspended ceiling and down the opposite wall.
Thanks much for the nice comments!
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com
No. I meand the thing with the blue bottom in image 5 (of 5).