Shooting stick - modern type!

When shooting game birds, the Brit Aristos used a 'shooting stick' to rest their bums. This was a device like a walking stick that had a split / hinged handle at the top. The handle opened out flat to support a wide leather belt that joined the two halves of the handle - and form a seat. The bottom of the 'shooting stick' had a spike to stick in the ground and a collar above the spike to prevent it going too far into the ground.
Why this preamble? My missus needs a device like a 'shooting stick', but for urban use! Something to park her rear end on when waiting long periods, or listening to the tour guide in …..
I'd like to make her a 'shooting stick' / ultra light bum support, from wood [ and leather, or?] that can be broken into two pieces for packing into a suitcase.
Any ideas or guidance please…. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

βœ–

A few variations on a tripod stool idea: http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/94567.aspx?feature=Product_4 http://cgi.ebay.com/Small-folding-chair-for-adult-FISHING-HUNTING-SPORTS_W0QQitemZ280040735878QQihZ018QQcategoryZ52507QQcmdZViewItem You could either make something similar, or buy something like this - aluminum and nylon are certainly lighter than wood and leather, though not nearly as classy, of course. Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es wrote:

Something like these?
http://www.classicluggage.com/SEAT%20STICK%20COLLECTION%20BY%20SWAINE%20ADENEY%20BRIGG.htm (Amazon.com product link shortened) (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Chris
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es wrote:

Maybe a bit rustic http://jarkman.co.uk/catalog/furnitur/forkchair.htm
Otherwise buy a shooting stick (eBay) and put a rubber tip on it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<...snipped...>

I'll forego the usual jokes made on your choice of words here...
Seriously, though, Thomas Jefferson made a walking stick/cane that converted into a small 3 legged stool. I believe I saw a plan for it in one of John Nelson's books.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

βœ–