shooting block?

Is a shooting block designed to be consumable?(I think i have the right name-the thing for planing miters true) What I am asking is does the jig get cut on every pass with the work? Thanks Keith
No.

On 22 Nov 2003 10:54:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (keith) brought forth from the murky depths:

No, a ramp is made on the first few cuts and it never goes beyond that unless you give the blade a really deep feed. That means you never -should- be cutting anything but the stock after the shooting board breaks in with the specific plane which will be used on it.
-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience -------------------------------------------- www.diversify.com - Web Database Development