Shocking titebond glue Test

Okay, out to the trash I went. Yes it landed in the thrown out watermelon rind juice. Hosed it down and told the five year old to throw it at the shed while I mowed. It did lighten and thin. When I openned it it gave off a musky smell. I pulled out the cut off box and put a puddle on a paper plate. Told the munchin to glue up pieces. She did about ten so we will see tomorrow.
I did go to menard's got some Titebond 3. I wonder about their pricing.
8 oz - $5 32 oz - $10 128 oz - $9.49
Guess which one I got. Ginsey will be crafting with Titebond 3.
Will update tomorrow.
--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

BTW you can call Titebond and they will talk to you. I called them about a batch that had become lumpy and on another occasion to discuss how to increase open time during a period of triple digit heat, and a third time to verify that III was "food contact" approved. They were very helpful each time.
Frank

I'd have bought the 32 oz. I'd not use 128 oz. in a year so why just throw it away?
Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

They sell a gallon for $9.49? Something does not compute...$30-40 is more normal.
--

dadiOH

It's old, outdated glue and they're wanting to get rid of it....
But don't tell the chef....;-)
Bob S.

It is date coded for April 2008. So I hope that is manufactur not expire. And with lots of kid projects we will use it up instead of elmers.