Shingle mill

Someone mentioned shingle mills as safety hazards the other day. Looks like there are still a few around:
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin / photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id!2775&query=retrieval
You'll have to join the two lines manually otherwise Supernews won't let me post.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id !2775&query=retrieval
I think they were talking about Discovery channels Dirty Jobs series. They showed a shingle mill operating that had what looked like a 48 inch bare saw blade spinning around a guys hands whacking off shingles by hand, one at a time. It gave anyone looking on chills just watching it. I'm probably one of the last ones to talk OSHA with, but for the first time ever I had to wonder where they found guys crazy enough to do this. particularly the first time. It was more than scary...
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com