Shim in sizes

I've done a search and unable to find anyone who sells washer as shims in a variety of thicknesses for a variety of bolts. I have tried to create my own to a degree, but it would be nice to find a variety pack that I could buy - cheaply - like under $30.
Shopsmith sells a pack in colors that corresponds to the thickness, but if I remember right, it was with something else included and it wasn't cheap.
I thought I was a great searcher, but on this particular quest, I got stumped.
Anyone got an idea where I could find them?
MJ

W/O any idea at all of what size variety you're thinking of or what thicknesses and ranges and precision or purpose...
<http://www.dougstampco.com/
Might be a source altho probably not in some prepackaged assortment.
I've no idea about Fastenal but there, McMaster-Carr, etc., are places I'd try. Check w/ your local machine shop for their sources of such specialty items...
What's the application in mind???
There are all kinds of shaft bearing shim washers but they're tended to be sized by bearings so again the app is probably key to the right kind of thing.

There is or/was a Co. Called Bokers that specialized in thin metal products. Try and Google them.
CP

Just to periodically have something to shim my various tools: bandsaw, tablesaw, etc. Right now, I am trying to level out my band saw. I've made some shims out of shim stock, but it's a bother. Just was looking to buy a variety pack somewhere.
I thought I tried McMaster's, et al., and struck out, but will do again.
The place you pointed to me, has them, but I didn't see a package deal anywhere. I'll look again.
Thanks,
MJ
Again, not in kits, I don't think, but MSC (mscdirect.com) has plenty of sizes.
Pete Stanaitis ---------------
On 8/1/2011 11:33 PM, Pete S wrote:

Another good place to know about (altho may not help for this particular item)
Reid Supply
http://www.reidsupply.com/Catalog.aspx

Do you mean these? <http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,43456&pf917>
--
Best regards
Han

Only problem is that he's looking for washer shims for bolts. Depending on how tight those bolts need to be, those Lee Valley plastic shims will get crushed.

You're right.
--
Best regards
Han
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote the following:

Try the search again with 'bolt shims' as the search item this time.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Small parts has a couple of assortments of arbor shims, might do what you need.
www.smallparts.com
They have lots of handy stuff. Prices tend to be high, but if you need it and they have it....
Paul Franklin