Sheng Tsai brand tools. Anyone?

Anyone ever hear of Sheng Tsai tools or know anything about them? In particular their bandsaws. Made in Taiwan. Some info is at

not a lot of detail. Any good? bad? Mike

Reply to
JMWEBER987

Looks like you have to buyt 10 at once. When was the last time you saw a motor ratings for hp given as WATTS?

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Mike, I'm sorry I don't know anything about them. You didn't ask, but I'll share my opinion. I do not use my tools professionally but hope to some day. Even in my hobbyist experience, I've had enough events with repairs and adjustments and support to firmly believe in paying for name brands.

I think 40% of the price in a name brand is customer support and its worth it to me. Jet is there for me anytime I have a question or a problem and I don't have to talk to a scripted help desk in Bangalore. I talk to someone who uses and knows the tools that speaks plain english. I buy through a local knowledgeable dealer that gives me lots and lots of followup advise and how-to information.

I dropped my Dewalt cordless drill for a fatal fall on the concrete from 12 feet up. It was one year out of warranty. Dewalt gave me a complete latest model replacement for $39.95.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

The last time I was in a tool store anywhere except the US.

Reply to
CW

I have one of their 14" bandsaws. A now defunct chain called Builders Square had them on closeout for $99. I bought the whole pile of 5, assembled them, tuned them up and sold them for $150. I kept the best one for me. It's a crude copy of the Delta 14" unit. Works well for most stuff but I'm still looking for a good deal on a DoAll or Grob.

dean

Reply to
das

Tuesday, on my Triton router.

Everyone in the world uses Watts...except US - with our damned english units. Even the English don't use english units, anymore.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

Damn right ! Motors are rated in VA, not Watts

(I've also seen a lot of machine-tool motors that were clearly measured in Shetland horse-power, but not yet one in shrunken Watts)

Reply to
Andy Dingley