Shelves in non-square alcove

Page 2 of 2

(Mike) wrote:

You're suggesting building a cabinet in lieu of putting in some cleats and *they're* turning it into a boatbuilding project?
(Mike) wrote:

Exactly. It is faster, easier, looks better and is cheaper to build an open cabinet than to fart around leveling cleats, making patterns and scribing shelves. You end up with a nice cabinet with adjustable shelves and one could easily add doors at a later date as well.
Mike
brought forth from the murky depths:

And that page is a pay-to-download article. What are Yack and Jake to do?
-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience -------------------------------------------- www.diversify.com - Web Database Development

And it's a "by subscription only" page.
Can someone just tell us about "ticksticking"?
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
Jim Thompson wrote:

Here's the .PDF link that I found searching for "tick board".
http://www.practical-sailor.com/newspics/charts/893scribing.pdf

Thanks, Nova!
Piece of trivia I just heard for the first time today...
Buffalo wings are named so because they originated in a bar in Buffalo, NY ;-)
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
Jim Thompson wrote:

In Buffalo they are NOT called Buffalo wings. We refer to them as simply "Wings". Deep fried chicken wings have been popular with the Afro-American community for a long time. Years ago the butcher shops would toss the wings as scrap. I understand that prior to "wings" became a "delicacy", the shops would give the wings away to anyone who requested them. The "Anchor Bar", whose proprietors' happen to be black, started serving them at their bar. The rest is history.
The Anchor Bar is located downtown at 1047 Main Street, Buffalo, New York. Many places in Buffalo have excellent chicken wings, but it's my opinion that the Anchor Bar still has the best. If you're ever in Buffalo it's a "must stop" place.
For their recipe (I can't vouch for its authenticity) see:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/misc/mosaic/common/omega/Web/People/mjw/recipes/meat/chicken/buffalo-wings/buff-wings-2.html

What do they call a danish in Denmark?
PM6564 wrote:

Basse.

Apparently not.
Frusatrating, ain't it?
- Spellchecker

From at least one picture, it looke like a crude form of using a "pin profile" tool (looks like a bunch of nails in a row that you push against a piece of molding to get a profile)
From the picture i saw in one of the posted links, it looks like you take a board and a bunch of sticks, and tack the sticks to the board so the ends touch "key points" (corners, high spots, etc)
Once you "stick" enough points, you remove your template, put it on your piece of work, and "connect the dots" (which happen to be the end of the sticks).
Hope this made sense.
--
be safe.
flip
Nova wrote:

This gives better results.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22tick+sticking%22+OR+%22stick+ticking%22
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22tick+sticking%22+OR+%22stick+ticking%22
It's one of those "Lysdextics of the world, untie" terms. ;-)
-- Mark