Shelves in non-square alcove

This gives better results.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

> -- Mark

It's one of those "Lysdextics of the world, untie" terms. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Forget the patterns and bevel squares. It is much easier, cheaper and gives a neater and more proffessional result to just make a cabinet a bit smaller than the hole and just slide it in. You guys are turning a few shelves into a boatbuilding project.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've been holding off suggesting that the walls be fixed so that they're square. But that's the way I approach such a problem. I'd prefer a well made house than a patched up shelf.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

You're suggesting building a cabinet in lieu of putting in some cleats and

*they're* turning it into a boatbuilding project?
Reply to
PM6564

Here's the .PDF link that I found searching for "tick board".

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Piece of trivia I just heard for the first time today...

Buffalo wings are named so because they originated in a bar in Buffalo, NY ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

In Buffalo they are NOT called Buffalo wings. We refer to them as simply "Wings". Deep fried chicken wings have been popular with the Afro-American community for a long time. Years ago the butcher shops would toss the wings as scrap. I understand that prior to "wings" became a "delicacy", the shops would give the wings away to anyone who requested them. The "Anchor Bar", whose proprietors' happen to be black, started serving them at their bar. The rest is history.

The Anchor Bar is located downtown at 1047 Main Street, Buffalo, New York. Many places in Buffalo have excellent chicken wings, but it's my opinion that the Anchor Bar still has the best. If you're ever in Buffalo it's a "must stop" place.

For their recipe (I can't vouch for its authenticity) see:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Exactly. It is faster, easier, looks better and is cheaper to build an open cabinet than to fart around leveling cleats, making patterns and scribing shelves. You end up with a nice cabinet with adjustable shelves and one could easily add doors at a later date as well.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

What do they call a danish in Denmark?

Reply to
PM6564

Basse.

Nova

Apparently not.

Frusatrating, ain't it?

- Spellchecker

Reply to
Spellcheck

From at least one picture, it looke like a crude form of using a "pin profile" tool (looks like a bunch of nails in a row that you push against a piece of molding to get a profile)

From the picture i saw in one of the posted links, it looks like you take a board and a bunch of sticks, and tack the sticks to the board so the ends touch "key points" (corners, high spots, etc)

Once you "stick" enough points, you remove your template, put it on your piece of work, and "connect the dots" (which happen to be the end of the sticks).

Hope this made sense.

Reply to
Philip Lewis