Shellac under Poly?

Is it OK to seal wood with shellac and finish with water based poly?
SC

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.
SteveC1280 wrote:

yup.
--
************************************
Chris Merrill
SteveC1280 wrote:

On 02 Sep 2003 17:02:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comremove (SteveC1280) pixelated:

No, and it's a cardinal sin to even THINK it. Say 5 Hail Marys and...
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive -- http://diversify.com Website Programming and Development
Steve, you might as well know now Larry Jaques is our resident idiot and all around jerk, so you might want to filter him, or just ignore his bad advice. Witness his response to your question...
dave
SteveC1280 wrote:

I hate to feed the trolls.... BUT

Dave what is up with this. Larry was basicly stating that Ploy is not his choice of finishes. Unless the unit being finished needs to be protected from lots of water or alcohol Shalic will hold up and provide a nice durable finish. The answer had been given with the unwaxed version of Shalic should be used.
Are we going to start a Shalic vs Ploy war again?
Ron - Someone who has turned to Shalic to finish all of the good stuff I hack together!
perhaps you haven't read much of Jaques rude posts? this isn't the beginning of a shellacky vs Poly war. to each his own on their choice of finishes. I just don't like to leave bad advice unanswered. you aren't his lawyer are you? If not, let him speak for himself. (not that I'll see his response; shields are UP!)
I lost all my filtering yesterday as I had to reconfigure Netscape news due to a software issue. Jaques slipped thru my twit net for a day...that's been rectified, so I won't be able to counter his stupidity in the future...
dave
roland51859 wrote:

Well Dave, you sure do act as if that's actually your job.
Renata

sounds like you are applying for the position...
dave
Renata wrote:

What do you know? Another plonkable.