shellac or lacquer finishing technique suggestions?

I'll soon be finishing a desk with either a shellac or lacquer topcoat (I'll decide after comparison of test strips). Any pointers on the proper tools/technique for application?

Reply to
Bob

I vote for lacquer, Shellac is my personal favorite However is not very tuff. A desk application requires water proof and scuff proof. Lacquer or polly is the thing.

john

Reply to
John Beckman

Ue the lacquer to build the coats and top coat with poly. Lacquer is pretty and easy to work, but will scratch much too easy for "desk use". The act of throwing down a set of car keys will scratch laquer quite easily. I hate poly but this is where poly should be used.

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to